Handmade Holidays...

wendyms
What do you think of this diaper cake?
by wendyms
April 9, 2009 at 9:43 PM

This is my second diaper cake. It is very different from the first one. It is for a boy and is more classic looking than the first. I think I ended up going that route because I had a hard time finding a theme other than sports. I chose not to go with sports because I wanted the gift to be for my SIL and sports would have made it more of a gift for my brother. Anyways I just wanted some honest opinions. I like them both, but I feel like I am short changing her because I could not incorporate the little items like bibs, hats, spoons, etc. I will also be putting it on a cake platter and wrapping it in tulle before I mail it to her.

Replies

• valerie0103
    April 9, 2009 at 9:55 PM

I think it looks great.  Even though it doesn't have all the addons, I think it makes it look more formal. It is something I would be glad to recieve.

• missiedoo
    April 9, 2009 at 10:07 PM

I agree with the pp, I would love to receive this diaper cake.

• Mrs.Bolin
    April 9, 2009 at 11:38 PM

I have never seen anything like this. So adorable.

• wendyms
    by wendyms
    April 10, 2009 at 7:11 AM

I am my own worst crictic and a perfectionist. I could not let this go without your help. Thank you all for your opinion.

• branda32
    April 10, 2009 at 12:56 PM

I think it's beautiful. (as the mother of all boys)  The cakes like this that look very clean and classic are my favorites.

• Leslillli
    April 10, 2009 at 1:08 PM

those are super cute!!

• veg4animals2006
    April 13, 2009 at 1:49 AM

Very cute! You should check out my Diaper Gifts 101 group.. we have tons of ideas and tutorials. :)

• jennymartin
    May 29, 2010 at 5:32 PM

I like the girl one!

• Alieda
    by Alieda
    May 30, 2010 at 1:21 PM

WONDERFUL cakes,. I love the boys one most but the little girls is very sweet.

Handmade Holidays...

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN