Handmade Holidays...

wendyms
What do you think of this diaper cake?
by wendyms
April 9, 2009 at 9:43 PM

This is my second diaper cake. It is very different from the first one. It is for a boy and is more classic looking than the first. I think I ended up going that route because I had a hard time finding a theme other than sports. I chose not to go with sports because I wanted the gift to be for my SIL and sports would have made it more of a gift for my brother. Anyways I just wanted some honest opinions. I like them both, but I feel like I am short changing her because I could not incorporate the little items like bibs, hats, spoons, etc. I will also be putting it on a cake platter and wrapping it in tulle before I mail it to her.

Replies

• valerie0103
    April 9, 2009 at 9:55 PM

I think it looks great.  Even though it doesn't have all the addons, I think it makes it look more formal. It is something I would be glad to recieve.

• missiedoo
    April 9, 2009 at 10:07 PM

I agree with the pp, I would love to receive this diaper cake.

• Mrs.Bolin
    April 9, 2009 at 11:38 PM

I have never seen anything like this. So adorable.

• wendyms
    by wendyms
    April 10, 2009 at 7:11 AM

I am my own worst crictic and a perfectionist. I could not let this go without your help. Thank you all for your opinion.

• branda32
    April 10, 2009 at 12:56 PM

I think it's beautiful. (as the mother of all boys)  The cakes like this that look very clean and classic are my favorites.

• Leslillli
    April 10, 2009 at 1:08 PM

those are super cute!!

• veg4animals2006
    April 13, 2009 at 1:49 AM

Very cute! You should check out my Diaper Gifts 101 group.. we have tons of ideas and tutorials. :)

• jennymartin
    May 29, 2010 at 5:32 PM

I like the girl one!

• Alieda
    by Alieda
    May 30, 2010 at 1:21 PM

WONDERFUL cakes,. I love the boys one most but the little girls is very sweet.

Handmade Holidays...