Handmade Holidays...

teralg
Help! :) I need ideas for a school Valentine box
by teralg
January 28, 2009 at 4:50 AM

Hi, our dd is in Kinderg. and she needs one of those Valentine boxes.  She loves animals an the littlest pet shop.  I remember my boxes when I was in school, my Mom gave me contruction paper and said go at it. lol  I want hers to be something really fun and cute that we can do together.  Anyone have any ideas?  I'm usually really crafty, but this one has me stumped. lol

Oh and thank you to whomever posted the idea w/ the flower pens!  I want to do this for all my kids teachers!  The ones in kinderg. and the other in preschool.  I think they'll love them!

holding balloons

Replies

• 3psinapodmom
    January 31, 2009 at 9:45 AM

We made a zoo cage for my son a few years ago using straws as the bar cages (a lot of hot glue so mommy ended up doing a lot of the work) and then hanging craft foam monkeys off it, lions, etc.  Since she's into Littlest Pet Shop...how about making a Valentine themed "dog house"?

• dawnyz
    by dawnyz
    January 31, 2009 at 9:59 AM

My DD loved littest pet shop a few years ago too, we took a shoe box cut a heart shape into the box top then I got a box of the little valentines days cards that had littlest petshop on them we glue thos on then we enhanced it will glitter glue and spot glued 2 little toys on top...she loved it and all her friends were blown away with all the work she had done on the box...Hope this helps a little.

• shesajar
    February 2, 2010 at 9:51 PM

You can take a small shoe box, print out vintage valentine's Day cards (google the phrase and you'll get tons of images to choose from) and decoupage them onto the box.  We did that last year (used them as gift boxes for the grandparents--filled them w/candy, a craft and a card).

If you don't want to waste the printer ink, you can also always buy a few boxes of cheap cards, but I just loved the look of the vintage cards.

• teralg
    by teralg
    February 3, 2010 at 3:04 PM

ty for the ideas.  A friend of mine created a really neat disney castle for her dd's box.  she made the towers, the windows and even made shadow princesses dancing in the window.  It's really cute.  I am brainstorming some very unique ideas this year too for our dd.

• sarebear31976
    February 9, 2010 at 4:11 PM

My son's preschool teacher asked me to make an extra box in case anyone forgot theirs and this is what I did.  My son wanted one that looked like a dog, so I wanted to do the extra one super girly.  The bottom of the shoe box is covered in wrapping paper.  The top has holes poked every couple of inches and you take a tissue, twist the middle and poke it through the hole.  It is really poufy! 

• teralg
    by teralg
    February 10, 2010 at 5:22 AM

very cute

Handmade Holidays...

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email