Handmade Holidays...

PattyinNV
Turkey Day Question
November 6, 2008 at 11:28 PM

Hi to everyone,

I thought I'd post a question:  What are every ones plans for Thanksgiving?  Do you enjoy the day at your house, do the cooking?  Or are you just as glad or happy to go to someone else's house or out to a restaurant?  Do you enjoy the company or are you glad when they leave?    Just thought this would be fun to do.

Replies

• QTkiwi
    by QTkiwi
    November 3, 2009 at 3:31 PM

This year we are doing it at our home, our good friend is coming down from Idaho to Ca.

I use to do thanksgiving at a good friends house with my mom and 3 bros, but now that I have my DH he is allergic to pot and all ways loses his dinner when he is around it (I don't do any drugs) :( so we stopped going there, but I miss my Family. 

its OK going to His family's out in AZ, but they don't do any thing!!!! his mom and I cook and clean, I hate his sis, she dose no thing!!!!  the kids play, and the men stay in there corners. no games, no music, no TV, no drinking, no fun.

This year we are going to have a good time,  my friend and I are cooking, we are going to have some other friends over and my dad and his wife. I get to drink and play games, and have fun!

• nicoal4
    by nicoal4
    November 3, 2009 at 11:40 PM

I am so excited this is my first Thanksgiving that I am cooking and I have just learned about my self that I am a good cook lol. So I am inviting everyone over and planning a huge dinner. Ive never actually cooked a turkey before but I think I can do it.

• texas_mama
    November 21, 2010 at 12:17 PM

We will be spending Thanksgiving at my brother's house. We all live in the same city. We all usually bring a side dish or desert. We do have one cousin who is obnoxious & talks really loud. But other than that, I love Thanksgiving & hate when it is time to go home.

• PinaiAngelPai15
    November 21, 2010 at 12:25 PM
    We currently live with ILs & will be having Thanksgiving dinner here.

Normally (if we were living @ our own place) we would invite some of the guys from DH's ship who don't get to go home over for Thanksgiving. I hear ship food sucks & they appreciate the home cooked meal. Hehe

This year ALL the OLs are coming up for Thanksgiving cuz DH comes home from deployment soon so everyone wants to see him. There are lots of kids so DH & I were talking about doing a craft table with the kids to do throughout the day while the other adults all work in the kitchen. With the difficulties I've been having throughout the pregnancy & me just getting back from L&D for "preterm contractions" (that's what they called them), the most I can do is sit with the kids. Might as well have some fun while we're @ it. Lolz
  • vmommy
    by vmommy
    November 21, 2010 at 9:21 PM
    We usually go to my parents place, but I have to admit this season I REALLY wanted to stay home with just the hubby & son. Holiday drama totally drains the fun
  • nanbon44
    November 22, 2010 at 1:45 PM

We used to travel from Fl to Ohio (MIL house) for Thanksgiving and the next day we would head to Indianapolis (My Moms house) for a dinner the day after..We would also do our Christmas with both families... one year we even headed to Pa to visit my son....NEVER AGAIN that was to much on the road... My Mom is now gone, Hubby's health is not good and MIL gets upset that we don't get home for the holidays... but two of my step daughter's are close and they come over with their family.... Each brings one covered dish of some sort.. and I do the rest,  I LOVE COOKING a big meal... as long as they eat... I do get comments like "why do you make so many different things and why do you make so much, and do you and daddy eat like this all the time..... PLUS there are lots of desserts if they can make room.... Pumpkin pie, cheese cake, cakes, puddings, jello and the kids favorite  The Chocolate Fountain... they love dunking strawberries, marshmallows, pretzels and cakes in the chocolate...  The fountain comes out on holiday dinners and that is all the kids talk about weeks before.

Handmade Holidays...

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts