Handmade Holidays...

simplyme277
Autumn beginnings
September 11, 2008 at 1:42 PM

Okay tell me how you start Autumn around the house?

First I started to burn apple/cinnamon candles and than I will put up some fall leaf garland on my stairs. We have two pumpkins from the garden sitting in the kitchen and a small glass pumpkin candy dish with yummy butterscotch candies in it.

Replies

• ilovepink1220
    September 11, 2008 at 9:02 PM

Sounds alot like me. I have mulberry candles burning though. But I bought a bag of cinnimin pine cones from walmart and they make the house smells nice and fallish and warm with the mulberry.

I also have put up fall leaves. I put up scarecrows inside and out and some fake pumpkins inside and out. Its to early for real ones at the store. Iam so ready for Fall lol.

I decorated early this year since Iam due to have a baby on the 25th but have had 3 others 2-3 weeks early. So any day now!!!

• simplyme277
    September 12, 2008 at 7:51 AM

OOOO BABIES! How exciting! My sister just had her baby girl Aug. 25th and Hubby and I are having our anniversary this weekend! September 14th...we've been married 12 years together 15!

I forgot about the cinnamon pine cones!!!! I will have to get some!

• LuvAdoptedKids
    September 30, 2008 at 8:56 PM

I just cleaned up my flower beds and can't wait to put out some pumpkins.  I have yummy mulled cider candles burning inside and I'm getting excited to start baking some yummy breads for the season. 

• mjnmkmommy
    September 30, 2008 at 9:00 PM

I decorate my home for the fall then put up my Halloween decorations. I burn apple cinnamon, or spice candles.   When the weather get's cooler I like to bake bread and other yummy foods.

• bubs57
    by bubs57
    September 8, 2009 at 11:40 PM

I have not started yet, but makes everything so cozy I need to start soon. I love the cinnimon candles, if I am out of them I put on a pan of water to simmer & sprinkle cinnimon, nutmeg or even pumpkin spice in it. Just make sure it doesn't go dry & it will send the sweet aroma all through the house. My pumpkins are about ready to bring up from the garden & I love to make a scene outside with bales of straw, scarecrows & flowers. Think I will get busy tonight on the inside!  

• coffeegirl74
    September 15, 2009 at 12:02 PM

I love all the fall smells like cinnamon apple candles, mulled cider, pumpkin spice and anything fallish.  For the fall season I put out leaves and pumpkins. On our front porch i put pumpkins and sometimes corn stalks. I usually change the wreath on the door to fall flowers. Through out the fall season I make cider on the stove for the kids and try to bake up some banana or pumpkin breads. I love the fall season!

Karly

pumpkin pie

• UCMamaMandy
    September 21, 2009 at 12:18 AM

I was just thinking about breaking out the fall decorations.  I have some cute little scarecrows, but I think I need to head to michaels and get some new stuff because I just remodeled my livingroom this summer and most of the decorations that I had won't work anymore (not that I'm complaining about going to michael's!!).  I'm planning on doing some elaborate carving on FAKE pumpkins this year.  For the past couple years I've carved the minnesota wild and northstar logos on pumpkins (DH is a HUGE hockey fan), but they always seem to get eaten by the squirrels, so I think a fake pumpkin will be better.  I'll probably just let the girls finger paint some pumpkins, that way we can still use them for pies! ♥  I've got my apple/ apple cinnamon candles in my little dipper crockpot (I use the jar candles and melt them in there instead of burning them, that way I don't have to worry about forgetting about the flame).  I love fall!!!  I think I'll get all my decorations up next weekend.

Handmade Holidays...