Handmade Holidays...

LuminousMom
Handmade Favors?
June 24, 2008 at 1:30 AM
Did you have favors at your wedding? what were they? how much did you spend? Did you like them?

I had wedding bubbles... wedding bells... and chocolate roses. I wish I had spent more money and more time on them, because I feel like I kinda focused on everything BUT my favors.. and I feel like they are important to "thank" your guests for taking the time to come to the wedding. IDK, cant go back now, and its 4 years later, but I was curious!

Replies

• moonspell1
    September 7, 2010 at 7:26 PM

This is to ask about the bookmarks filled with seeds. Do you know how they were made? My sister is throwing the bridal shower and the theme is outdoors/ gardening and the wedding is in the fall. The wedding is going to have owls and lanterns, and tree branches for decorations and NO flowers. She thought about using little flower pots and putting some sort of seeds in them like herbs. Any ideas are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

• aidensmommy0727
    September 9, 2010 at 1:01 PM

As a favor for our wedding I baked and decorated a bunch of flower shaped cookies and then bought a bunch of daisy seed packets. We attatched a tag with our names and the date on them with the poem "He loves me, He loves me not, He loves me so we tied the knot!" Everyone got to take home a cookie and seeds to plant :)

Quoting moonspell1:

This is to ask about the bookmarks filled with seeds. Do you know how they were made? My sister is throwing the bridal shower and the theme is outdoors/ gardening and the wedding is in the fall. The wedding is going to have owls and lanterns, and tree branches for decorations and NO flowers. She thought about using little flower pots and putting some sort of seeds in them like herbs. Any ideas are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

• WordSmyth
    September 25, 2010 at 8:41 PM

we're getting married in 2 weeks!!  Our favors are the simple, traditional bundle of mints.  My Mom made up all the little bundle, using tissue paper, doilies, and ribbon.  I made up the tags to go on them.  We're going to be handing them out as we circulate the room (it was something my Mom and Dad did at their wedding) We wanted to do more, but just can't afford it.  We are however, serving up a wonderful Thanksgiving Dinner, and after the wedding, everyone who came will (and many who couldn't make it) will get a CD sent to them with pictures and a personal letter from us to them, to say thank you again.  

• maggie13
    September 25, 2010 at 8:55 PM

I found on Martha Stewart fans to make. It gave a pattern with some cute saying but I made them over using the paint program for my parents's wedding anniversary. They were heavy stock paper glued together with a popsicle stick in between for a handle. I then punched two holes in the paper and added a ribbon to them.

As for my own wedding, it is an Italian tradition to have those almonds wrapped up in tulle so that is what my mother made along with several friends of hers. They also made traditional wedding cookies to serve.

One neat thing I saw about cookies was also from Martha Stewart. She put a gaint cookie into a CD sleeve and sealed the back with a "Thank You" sticker. Nice and simple.

• nanbon44
    September 26, 2010 at 10:19 AM

Lavender Sachets, in the shape of a strawberry with ribbons, lace, pearls and a rose on the top, filled with fiberfill and lavender buds

Sachets in a basket

Hershey Kiss roses can be made in any color to match you theme colors, add a tag with Bride and Groom's names and date.

• nanbon44
    September 26, 2010 at 10:30 AM

These were made for my grandson's birthday event, the clear triangler boxes are filled with wrapped butter mints and stuck into foam that is in the bottom of the cups. A Tulle Puff is on the top, makes a centerpiece and people can take their favor home.  I found the favor boxes on ebay really cheap, and I have also used them with little bracelets and placed in a basket for a grand daughters party

Handmade Holidays...

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN