Handmade Holidays...

grandma229
Shower Favors & Centerpieces
January 16, 2008 at 1:26 PM
My daughter is getting married in October and I'm looking for ideas for centerpieces and favors for the shower.  She is my fourth daughter to get married and I'm running out of ideas.  HELP!  Pat

Replies

• moonspell1
    August 31, 2010 at 3:53 PM

We used this centerpiece at my sister's wedding a couple weeks ago. We alternated tall straight candle holders with tall candles in them and a ribbon in her colors around the top. We placed them on octagon shaped mirrors and added some pebbles, flower petals, and tea light candles with pink and fuchia daisies around it. On opposite tables, we placed small fish bowl sized vases with water and floating candles on the octagon mirrors with the pebbles, petals, and tea lights.  

• DalesLgndLvsOn3
    August 31, 2010 at 3:58 PM

Quoting MomToFour247:

I made similar chocolates as my wedding favors & everyone loved them.. Who doesnt love chocolate? LOL You can use the colors appropriate for her wedding colors.. I had red chocolate roses & white ribbon as my wedding was red & white themed.. Hope this is helps..Congrats! :)

That is exactly what I did too LOL  Red roses, with cream and navy ribbon, I tied some lil rings on em to and printed the cards myself. 

• nanbon44
    September 1, 2010 at 10:44 AM

http://nanbon44.blogspot.com/2010/04/centerpieces-for-jack.html  This blog was on my grandson's Bar Mitzvah and the centerpieces that I made, his was a Chinese theme and I decided no flowers, the centerpiece was made from favor boxes and the guest got to take one home from the centerpiece

http://nanbon44.blogspot.com/2010/08/allison-in-wonderland-tea-party-items.html  this is the current one that I just finished working on a Alice in Wonderland theme, my grand daughter is having her Bat Mitzvah this Saturday and I made lots of things for her big day.  There are some really cute ideas that you could use for a wedding, like the lace topped  strawberry Sachets filled with lavender buds, or the Hershey Kiss Roses, hers are red and white but I have made other colors for weddings. For weddings I tie on a tag with the bride and grooms names. The centerpieces for this theme was fancy tea cups I found at yard sales, I filled them with sweetheart roses that I got at JoAnn's on sale. 

If you see something you would like to make let me know and I will send instructions, or give me a theme and I might be able to make some suggestions. I had a flower and speciality store years ago and we did lots of things for wedding, including custom favors for all budgets.  

If you just go to my blog nanbon44.blogspot.com and scroll down you will find a wedding and grooms cake that I made for another grand daughter's wedding. This was so easy to make, marshmallow fondant  recipe at Wilton.com and white chocolate sea shells and starfish, which are just melt and pour chocolates. 

• moonspell1
    September 6, 2010 at 12:12 AM

My sister needs ideas for bridal shower decorations. It is a Nov. wedding and the couple are going with an outdoor theme i.e. lanterns, trees,animals etc. The colors are royal purple, canary yellow, teal blue and grass green. Anyone have any suggestions?

• Kristine316
    September 6, 2010 at 12:02 PM

The wine glasses and different size bowls w/ tea lights, floating candles or flowers is what I had for my wedding table center pieces. We saved a lot of money by buying them at thrift stores and yard sales. 

In the spring before my Aug. wedding, I asked my aunt, Mom and some good friends who garden to plant extra glads, and other later summer bloomers for me. Before my wedding we went around and harvested loads of beautiful flowers and saved a lot of money on those. We even did the altar flowers for church. All we needed to buy from the florist were bouquets,corsages and boutonnieres. I think I got more compliments on the altar arrangements than anything else at the wedding.

Handmade Holidays...

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts