Handmade Holidays...

mommybutterfly
valentines day "decor"
January 11, 2008 at 11:16 AM
ok..i want to decorate my house for valentines day but i dont want anything tacky or expensive. anyone have any ideas? i dont want to go overboard either...know what i mean.

Replies

• MelindaD
    January 13, 2008 at 1:07 PM
    I think one way is to reuse things like if you have a red table cloth it can work for xmas and valentines day. One thing Started this year was adding seasonal flowers to my greenery around the house and it's pretty cheap.  Just poke a few fake roses into an arrangement of greenery and your done, then pull out the roses and add spring flowers later
  • ssibbs
    by ssibbs
    January 13, 2008 at 8:44 PM
    I have heart window clings that I out line my downstairs windows with.  I also put my 10 yo. son's art projects that he has made for valentines over the years.  My favorite is the red heart is the head and body and he glued legs with  black shoes and arms with shite gloves on.
  • robin45390
    January 15, 2008 at 7:44 AM
    i usually put heart window clings on the door witrh red lights around it and a nice flower bouquet on the table with hearts in it .
    robin
  • suroundedbyboys
    February 15, 2010 at 9:08 AM

I like to decorate for all the holidays throuhtout the year and i try to transition slowly between each.  After Christmas i put away all the decorations that are specifically Christmas, but i leave out winter things like, snow flakes, snowmen etc. I also leave out some red candles, votive holders etc. On my table i have a red snowflake runner so it fits in well, as well as a snow flake globe and an iron candleabra. The begining of February I start adding some pink candles here and there, candy dish with hearts, some pink heart shaped votives and little valentines decorations I've slowly collected. A heart shaped rose wreath on the door from the craft store. I am trying to  make some of my own holiday doecorations, so this year i've been working on a garland made of felt heats, when finished they will drape over my mirror in the living room. I also add pink towels in the bathroom, and hang different sizes of heart cookie cutters in the kitchen window. Towards the end of february i will put away all the snowflakes, hearts and reds and leave out the pink candles and slowly transition to spring items. Hope this has been helpful!

• vmommy
    by vmommy
    January 26, 2011 at 7:22 PM
    I'm hoping to decorate a little for this valentine's day. Anyone have any pics or other ideas?
  • MrsNocke
    February 2, 2011 at 8:49 AM

here is what I have done:

• debjoy22
    February 2, 2011 at 8:54 AM

i made some valentine's day garland

here's my valentines tree!

• MZ2007
    by MZ2007
    February 2, 2011 at 9:31 AM

Quoting debjoy22:

i made some valentine's day garland

here's my valentines tree!

I love the Valentine's tree <3 May have to try & do somethign like that, my kids would love it.

• Bergysmom
    February 2, 2011 at 10:18 AM
    Love you all and your ideas!
    Happy Valentines Day
    <3 ~ <3.-~*•~.•'<3

Handmade Holidays...

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!