Handmade Holidays...

Bradensmommy719
Tea towel
August 10, 2012 at 12:33 PM

I stitched this with a dear friend in mind. I am also making another for a family friend. The next one will be added to a gift basket with other homemade items.

Replies

• kimmerann811
    August 11, 2012 at 9:59 PM

I like that. I am no good at cross stich unless it's marked out on the material.

• Bergysmom
    August 22, 2012 at 3:00 PM
    I love the waffle texture of the towel and the softness of the colors in your stitching. I would love to attempt this idea. Thanks for sharing!
  • Bradensmommy719
    August 22, 2012 at 4:30 PM
    I got the towel at the dollar store. They have a pretty good veriety in the towles they have. I was pleasantly shocked.

Quoting Bergysmom:

I love the waffle texture of the towel and the softness of the colors in your stitching. I would love to attempt this idea. Thanks for sharing!
  • Trishaw
    by Trishaw
    August 13, 2013 at 12:51 PM

Hello ,I love this idea! How many cross stitches are in each square?i would love it if you could post the pattern,please.God bless you!

• Bradensmommy719
    August 13, 2013 at 6:43 PM
    I used waste canvas on the tea towel. The alphabet is one I created just for this project on graph paper. The cups came out of a magazine that I subscribe to. So there really isn't a pattern.

Most of my tea towels stitches were 130 squares by 40 squares.

Quoting Trishaw:

Hello ,I love this idea! How many cross stitches are in each square?i would love it if you could post the pattern,please.God bless you!

• Trishaw
    by Trishaw
    August 19, 2013 at 9:25 PM

Thank you so much for your response. I have some magazines with some lettering so will try that along with the waste canvas. Gratefully, Trish

Handmade Holidays...