Handmade Holidays...

Holycropmom
Homemade Bath salts
November 24, 2007 at 9:17 PM
  I did this recipe at a Ladies group a couple of months ago since then my daughter & her friends make it to give to thier friends for a gift.

Ingredients:
   Epsom Salts
   Fragrance oil of your choice ( I use Vanilla)
   Food coloring optional since it can color the surface of your tub
Items needed:
   Ziplock baggie

Directions:
   Pour the amount of epsom salts that you desire into the ziplock bag, making sure you don't over fill the bag so that your can add fragrance & color then the final steps is to close the ziplock bag & shake till the oil & color is mixed evenly throughout the salts.  Store in a ziplock bag or other air tight container

Replies

• smiles777
    September 12, 2009 at 5:12 PM

I got some Bath Salts last year as a gift.  It was lavender.  I loved it so much.  They must have used some food colloring also because it has a soft blue look to it also.  They put it in a clear jar and it was so presentable.  I'm gonna make it this year for teachers gift too.  I'll take a pic and post when I do.

• buzymom1975
    December 21, 2010 at 10:38 PM

Quoting Lorraine182:

Quoting angelmama277:

can you put the bathsalts directly into the container from the bag or do they have to dry? thanks

You don't have to let them dry,at least I didn't and they turned out great.

The salts don't clump if you don't dry them first?

• stfrancismommy
    December 22, 2010 at 4:21 PM

Quoting buzymom1975:

Quoting Lorraine182:

Quoting angelmama277:

can you put the bathsalts directly into the container from the bag or do they have to dry? thanks

You don't have to let them dry,at least I didn't and they turned out great.

The salts don't clump if you don't dry them first?

No they won't clump at all. We just made candy cane bath salts and they worked great. Just add the color and scent a drop or two at a time and mix...mix...mix...Sorry the photo is a little blurry.

• buzymom1975
    December 22, 2010 at 5:31 PM

It looks very pretty. We are going to Walmart tonight to finish up our shopping & I think I am gonna pick up some scented oils and more ribbons so I can make some for Mom and my sister. Thanks for all the ideas ladies simple smile

• Holycropmom
    January 1, 2011 at 4:00 PM

Heres another idea for the salts: 

• One of my friends are even using them in a lil metal pan placed on the air vent as a airfreshner near her kitty's litter pan. 

Handmade Holidays...