Handmade Holidays...

nanbon44
Valentine Day Project
January 16, 2012 at 10:51 AM

my online charity group the World of Charity Stitchers are making Valentine Day cards for a senior center, I decided to make some sachets to send with the cards

Replies

• Bradensmommy719
    January 16, 2012 at 12:16 PM
    Thats awesome. Looks great!
  • sportsgrandma
    January 16, 2012 at 1:31 PM

What did you put in them and I love the idea for several elderly people I know.

• sportsgrandma
    January 16, 2012 at 1:32 PM

Did you have a pattern or a tutorial?

• MomTiara19
    January 17, 2012 at 6:56 AM

Very lovely....you are talented.

~Tia

• nanbon44
    January 17, 2012 at 8:27 AM

I use fiberfil to stuff them and put lavender buds inside for the scent,  I bought my lavender on ebay, I bought a pound of it  for around  $10.00 but didn't even use 1/4 of the bag. 

Quoting sportsgrandma:

What did you put in them and I love the idea for several elderly people I know.

• nanbon44
    January 17, 2012 at 8:39 AM

I made my own patter from copy paper, I cut out a circle, cut about 1/3 away, folded in half and sewed the seam, was like a triangle at this point, turned right side out. I now had a cone shape.  I did a gathering stitch on the top, added stuffing and lavender pulled and tied close.. I used my Accuquilt machine to make a flower shape which was my top... you could also cut out two stars to make a top. I attached the hanging ribbon and hot glued the top to the stuffed strawberry,    Here is a online tutorial and pattern for a sachet, I just don't know how large this one is.  You can always adjust your pattern to make the size you want.  In the past I made fancy sachets, making the basic strawberry and for the top glued on lace, pearl trims and silk roses..

Quoting sportsgrandma:

Did you have a pattern or a tutorial?

• swdesigns
    January 17, 2012 at 8:46 AM

These are so nice!  Thanks for sharing!

• ArmyPrincess81
    January 22, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Ohhhh I like that

• KimberlyMT
    January 24, 2012 at 5:06 PM
    How nice =)
  • Isabellas_Mom
    January 25, 2012 at 4:19 PM
    Those are so nice. :) They will love them.

Handmade Holidays...