Handmade Holidays...

nanbon44
Valentine Day Project
January 16, 2012 at 10:51 AM

my online charity group the World of Charity Stitchers are making Valentine Day cards for a senior center, I decided to make some sachets to send with the cards

Replies

• Bradensmommy719
    January 16, 2012 at 12:16 PM
    Thats awesome. Looks great!
  • sportsgrandma
    January 16, 2012 at 1:31 PM

What did you put in them and I love the idea for several elderly people I know.

• sportsgrandma
    January 16, 2012 at 1:32 PM

Did you have a pattern or a tutorial?

• MomTiara19
    January 17, 2012 at 6:56 AM

Very lovely....you are talented.

~Tia

• nanbon44
    January 17, 2012 at 8:27 AM

I use fiberfil to stuff them and put lavender buds inside for the scent,  I bought my lavender on ebay, I bought a pound of it  for around  $10.00 but didn't even use 1/4 of the bag. 

Quoting sportsgrandma:

What did you put in them and I love the idea for several elderly people I know.

• nanbon44
    January 17, 2012 at 8:39 AM

I made my own patter from copy paper, I cut out a circle, cut about 1/3 away, folded in half and sewed the seam, was like a triangle at this point, turned right side out. I now had a cone shape.  I did a gathering stitch on the top, added stuffing and lavender pulled and tied close.. I used my Accuquilt machine to make a flower shape which was my top... you could also cut out two stars to make a top. I attached the hanging ribbon and hot glued the top to the stuffed strawberry,    Here is a online tutorial and pattern for a sachet, I just don't know how large this one is.  You can always adjust your pattern to make the size you want.  In the past I made fancy sachets, making the basic strawberry and for the top glued on lace, pearl trims and silk roses..

Quoting sportsgrandma:

Did you have a pattern or a tutorial?

• swdesigns
    January 17, 2012 at 8:46 AM

These are so nice!  Thanks for sharing!

• ArmyPrincess81
    January 22, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Ohhhh I like that

• KimberlyMT
    January 24, 2012 at 5:06 PM
    How nice =)
  • Isabellas_Mom
    January 25, 2012 at 4:19 PM
    Those are so nice. :) They will love them.

Handmade Holidays...

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN