Handmade Holidays...

Naiia
Wedding Dress
by Naiia
August 2, 2011 at 2:42 AM

Has anyone made their own wedding Dress??

I was seriously thinking about it not sure yet though. I know it would be a lot of work but in the end it could be great.

Just wondering what everyone else has done.

I have already drawn what I want my dress (front and  back) to look like and also my veil. It's actually very simple. I will try and post pics of it.

Replies

• kokobeans
    August 2, 2011 at 2:54 PM

Hey Sweetie,

I have not made a wedding dress, but have made several evening gowns.  It's not that difficult, but give yourself time, so you can take your time so as not to be frustrated. But, it seems like your sewing and sewing because of the long lengths in the skirt.

I'm sure you could do a great job!!!

Kokobeans

• Naiia
    by Naiia
    August 2, 2011 at 3:34 PM
    Thank you :) Yeah I would give myself lots of time if I decided to do. It I am very seriously violini about it though. :) I'll post pics of what I want.

Quoting kokobeans:

Hey Sweetie,

I have not made a wedding dress, but have made several evening gowns.  It's not that difficult, but give yourself time, so you can take your time so as not to be frustrated. But, it seems like your sewing and sewing because of the long lengths in the skirt.

Kokobeans

• Naiia
    by Naiia
    August 2, 2011 at 3:46 PM

The Front of the Dress
  • Naiia
    by Naiia
    August 2, 2011 at 3:47 PM

The Back of the Dress
  • Naiia
    by Naiia
    August 2, 2011 at 3:49 PM

The Veil.
  • Naiia
    by Naiia
    August 2, 2011 at 3:50 PM
    I have a question do you hand sew the dresses you make or use a sewing machine?

Quoting kokobeans:

Hey Sweetie,

Kokobeans

• irishblarney11
    April 23, 2012 at 5:21 AM

i like your design for your dress......good luck  in making it.

Handmade Holidays...

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN