Handmade Holidays...

1daughter6dogs
Handmade Decorations
March 10, 2011 at 6:12 PM

Does anyone MAKE decorations for St Patty's Day? I'm not an artist and I only have access to construction paper, crayons, scissors, glue and tape. There might be some more basic craft supplies in there, but I can't be sure. Any ideas for really basic decorations, preferably that a 2.5 year old can help with?

Replies

• SanDiegoMaxMom
    March 10, 2011 at 6:55 PM

My son just came home with the cutest "Shamrock chain."  Basically clover shapes cut out of different color construction paper and yarn.  They took two shamrocks, glued them together with the yarn sandwiched between in a chain.  It's really cute!

• 1daughter6dogs
    March 10, 2011 at 10:32 PM

Oooh, that's a good idea, thank you!

Quoting SanDiegoMaxMom:

My son just came home with the cutest "Shamrock chain."  Basically clover shapes cut out of different color construction paper and yarn.  They took two shamrocks, glued them together with the yarn sandwiched between in a chain.  It's really cute!

• COTwinMom
    March 11, 2011 at 8:53 AM

Here's something cute to make that i did and posted on my blog--esp fun to wear if you're going to a parade. def cheap to make.  http://homeconfetti.blogspot.com/2011/03/st-pats-jewelry-craft-with-free.html

• dslea
    by dslea
    March 11, 2011 at 12:14 PM

you could make green chains with links of construction paper and then cut out shamrocks on attache to every 3rd or 4th chain link and hang them all over your house.

• karanmi
    by karanmi
    March 11, 2011 at 5:58 PM

I have done a few decorations up this year and plan on adding more  for next year. Just havwe not had time to finish all .. I did a plaque to hang by the door. PIcture   to folow along with pictures of my tree and fireplace mantle decorated for St. Patricks Day. I also have a couple frames I have done up with an Irish themes picture which I found in searching for St. Patricks Day printables. I do not have pictures of them as I just did them yesterday. This is what I have done so far. The plawque was not hung when I took the picture  just laying on my table with my St. Pat's teapot.

• 1daughter6dogs
    March 12, 2011 at 2:49 PM

Very cute, thank you!

Quoting COTwinMom:

Here's something cute to make that i did and posted on my blog--esp fun to wear if you're going to a parade. def cheap to make.  http://homeconfetti.blogspot.com/2011/03/st-pats-jewelry-craft-with-free.html

• 1daughter6dogs
    March 12, 2011 at 2:50 PM

Definitely something I can afford, thank you :)

Quoting dslea:

you could make green chains with links of construction paper and then cut out shamrocks on attache to every 3rd or 4th chain link and hang them all over your house.

• 1daughter6dogs
    March 12, 2011 at 2:52 PM

Beautiful, and very professional looking!

Quoting karanmi:

I have done a few decorations up this year and plan on adding more  for next year. Just havwe not had time to finish all .. I did a plaque to hang by the door. PIcture   to folow along with pictures of my tree and fireplace mantle decorated for St. Patricks Day. I also have a couple frames I have done up with an Irish themes picture which I found in searching for St. Patricks Day printables. I do not have pictures of them as I just did them yesterday. This is what I have done so far. The plawque was not hung when I took the picture  just laying on my table with my St. Pat's teapot.

Handmade Holidays...

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN