Handmade Holidays...

mgnlee6
Ideas Please
by mgnlee6
October 29, 2010 at 9:53 AM

Everytime a gift season comes around im stumped on what to give my fiance. He doesnt like sports. Hes not into computers or work at a office. He works on job sites doing site development. He likes fishing but has taken a break from it right now & doesnt really need any new fishing gear. I've thought of getting him a nice pocket knife & getting it engraved or something like that but it will get ruined from all the sand from the job sites. He doesnt wear hats so I cant get a hat or make a hat. Help please :-)

Replies

• shortcake1978
    October 29, 2010 at 11:12 AM

You could make a coupon book (ex. turn in for a free massage). Cologne, magazine subscription, DVD's of his favorite movie or TV show

• Petite.Amante
    October 29, 2010 at 1:52 PM

You can make a shadowbox full of his favorite things. Make him a shirt with help of your LO with fabric paint or iron-ons. You can make him a new wallet (there are great wallet tutorials out there on the web), make him keychains or a key-holder for the wall (Michael's has great wooden pieces, you can paint and add a hook on for the keys)... Hmm I'll try to think of some more

• mgnlee6
    by mgnlee6
    October 29, 2010 at 6:44 PM

Thanks

• Kivara
    by Kivara
    October 30, 2010 at 8:35 AM

PJ pants
    remote control holder (thing that drapes over the arm of a chair)
    slippers
    scarf
    bath robe

• COTwinMom
    October 30, 2010 at 10:01 AM

Is he handy?  Maybe a nice toolbox that you could personalize somehow?

• kids1derful
    October 30, 2010 at 10:15 AM

You can make a blanket for him.  You can put pictures on it or you can knit it in his favorite colors. otherwise I came across this really neat and simple no sew idea,I'm gonna try!

http://maizehutton.blogspot.com/2010/10/personalize-3-fleece-lap-throw-diytwo.html

You can make a fishing rod holder,or decorate a frame with fishing lures and put a picture or poem inside. How about making a snack basket filled with his favorite goodies! Or a movie bucket. You can make a candy or cookie bouquet also. thats all I got for now, I'll keep thinking!

• Adm.Assistant
    October 31, 2010 at 10:21 AM

All men like to eat, why not cook him a special meal, or make him a photo album.,

Or how about a party for his friends?

Handmade Holidays...

Active Posts in All Groups
There are no posts to display.
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN