Handmade Holidays...

Sanara
wedding flower help?
by Sanara
September 26, 2010 at 2:12 PM

Ok we haven't set a date yet, but there is a reason lol! My hubby and I have been engaged for about 6 yrs now and we are finally going to start planning our wedding. So what we are doing is saving and buys something one by one, and everthing else we are going to save and buy when it get closer to the date that we set.

So my question is on flowers. How much did you all spend on your bridal bouguet, throw away bouguet, hubbys boutoniere, and flower girls pettles? And do any of you know any money saving ideas on this?

Thanks, Christine

Replies

• WordSmyth
    October 3, 2010 at 4:35 PM

There are a couple things to keep in mind when buying the flowers.. choice of flower, time of year, real or fake.  If you know what season you're thinking of, try to pick flowers from that season, and you'll save some money, whether you're going real or fake.  If you're opting for fake flowers, buy them at the end of the season when they go on clearance.  I spent about $50 for my two bride's maids bouquets, aisle flowers, toss bouquet and leaves (we're having a fall wedding)  My Mom spent just over $100 for all the ones for the centerpieces, baskets, my bouquets, her corsage and the boutonnieres.  

It also depends on where you want the flowers too.  If you're not going to use them for centerpieces, then you'll save even more.  

Handmade Holidays...