Handmade Holidays...

n03z07l08
Halloween themed birthday party
September 19, 2010 at 11:05 AM

This is my first post here so Hi! lol

Anyway, my son turns 7 christmas eve but this year we've decided to do his party early and have a halloween party. Hes really excited about it! Any ideas on crafts or games I could have the kids do. There will be a large age range of kids ages 2-12! Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Any ideas on decor would be awsome too. I want more cutsey than scarey because I dont know how some parents will feel about scarey.

Replies

• SanDiegoMaxMom
    September 19, 2010 at 11:18 AM

We have a Halloween Party almost every year. 

For activities: 

-Pumpkin decorating.  We got real small or mini pumpkins (Check the 99 Cent Store if you live near) and had paint, foam stickers, glitter, etc. and let the kids decorate.

-Cookie decorating....cheap sugar cookies, frosting, sprinkles and candy.  A last minute activity that turned out to be very popular.

-Make a placemat.  Clear contact paper, large construction paper, stickers and black Halloween shapes.  The older kids might want to weave their background, but the little kids just glue and use the stickers.  When they're done, cover the placemat with the clear contact paper. 

-Spider Toss.  We have a bunch of large plastic spiders, so we toss them into a cauldron.  Simple and fun

-Pumpkin Bowling.  I spray painted juice bottles orange and used an orange playground ball.  If you're doing this outside, we used a flattened cardboard box for the lane....the grass was just too uneven.

For food....Mummy Dogs!!!!

Have a great party!!!!!

Sorry I don't have a better picture.  You can sort of see the mummy dogs on the white platter.  Basically you buy hot dogs and refrigerated crescent rolls.....wrap in strips and bake in the oven.  The secret is to use a pin to poke eye and mouth holes in the hot dog.  As they're baking, the holes expand as the hot dog plumps.

• JustGail
    September 19, 2010 at 11:26 AM

my daughter has had one for her party beofre.  here are a few fun ideas.

apple bobbing, or split the kids into two groups and have the play pass the apple to music.

you can have a mummy wrapping contest (with toilet paper)

play musical chairs with halloween tunes.

• n03z07l08
    September 19, 2010 at 7:52 PM

Great ideas! Thank you!! 

Quoting SanDiegoMaxMom:

We have a Halloween Party almost every year. 

For activities: 

-Pumpkin decorating.  We got real small or mini pumpkins (Check the 99 Cent Store if you live near) and had paint, foam stickers, glitter, etc. and let the kids decorate.

-Cookie decorating....cheap sugar cookies, frosting, sprinkles and candy.  A last minute activity that turned out to be very popular.

-Make a placemat.  Clear contact paper, large construction paper, stickers and black Halloween shapes.  The older kids might want to weave their background, but the little kids just glue and use the stickers.  When they're done, cover the placemat with the clear contact paper. 

-Spider Toss.  We have a bunch of large plastic spiders, so we toss them into a cauldron.  Simple and fun

-Pumpkin Bowling.  I spray painted juice bottles orange and used an orange playground ball.  If you're doing this outside, we used a flattened cardboard box for the lane....the grass was just too uneven.

For food....Mummy Dogs!!!!

Have a great party!!!!!

Sorry I don't have a better picture.  You can sort of see the mummy dogs on the white platter.  Basically you buy hot dogs and refrigerated crescent rolls.....wrap in strips and bake in the oven.  The secret is to use a pin to poke eye and mouth holes in the hot dog.  As they're baking, the holes expand as the hot dog plumps.

• n03z07l08
    September 19, 2010 at 7:52 PM

Quoting JustGail:

my daughter has had one for her party beofre.  here are a few fun ideas.

apple bobbing, or split the kids into two groups and have the play pass the apple to music.

you can have a mummy wrapping contest (with toilet paper)

play musical chairs with halloween tunes.

oo im definitley going to do this one!

• Alieda
    by Alieda
    September 20, 2010 at 4:28 PM

How about if the kids come dress up like someone who was born on the Birthday like my Jeff could come as Garth Brooks or Charles Dickson. You can do a Internet search to found out her if you are not sure who. Serve Orange an Black food, hamburger top with cheddar cheese, melon,  black grapes. black olives etc.  For desert how about Carrot Cake with Chocolate frosting.

• COTwinMom
    September 20, 2010 at 7:36 PM

We're having a halloween party this year and as one of the crafts we're going to create glow in the dark pumpkin necklaces (glow in the dark paint, foam pumkins and cord) This way the kids can use it halloween night as a reflector.  I figured it would be something useful!

http://homeconfetti.blogspot.com

• Crystaldegreef
    September 23, 2010 at 6:53 PM

I was at walmart and they've got these kits with the foam glittery thingies that are Halloween themed. Everyone is gonna get a sheet of the foam and all the stickers and what not will be spread on the table for the kids to choose and decorate with... it was 5 bucks! We have a major multi family Halloween party yearly for some families in our area... you can get small pumpkins and have them decorate them with markers and glitter glue... stuff like that. Spider web cupcakes with spider rings on them... chocolate icing and white icing... A big hit is the apples hanging... we hang several apples from random trees and have the kids try to bite them using no hands.

Handmade Holidays...

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts