I'm glad you decided to join! Please tell us a little about yourself and why you decided to join us! I look forward to getting to know you all! This is a great place to share your ideas or just to pick up few to inspire a wonderful holiday in your home!
by Pink-DiamondJuly 31, 2011 at 4:25 PM
I am so happy to find a fun site like this one! YaY! I enjoy creating gifts for my family and friends, not that I am an expert on it - because I am not! A novice is more like it. I have come up with very simple presents before, for my kids which they really thought were cool but that was when they were little. Not so simple now! Now is the time for me to get newer and better ideas and see what others are doing. This will be great!
by JLC_mamaNovember 11, 2011 at 11:25 PMMy name is crystal. I hve a two yr old son and an eight yr old stepdaughter. I live in se ks. i joined this group cause with my dh being an alcoholic our money goes to that and i want ideas of fun crafts to do with the kids for presents to family memebers
November 14, 2011 at 8:30 PM
I love to make things with and for my kids. I have many ideas and never get to do them I love to share and learn.
November 29, 2011 at 4:47 PM
hello my name is Alicia and i decided to join this group because i love to make stuff (gifts) and im looking forward to find friends and some inspiration i think handmade gifts are the best
November 30, 2011 at 3:56 PM
1. Let's start with your name, or just a nickname if you're shy: Debra
2. A run down of your kids? Names and ages? 11 yr old, nicole and to be born in april 2012....a girl we are calling zooey
3. What are your favorite activities or hobbies? cooking , baking, reading, learning how to sew.....some crafting......
4. What did you enjoy learning when you were in school?--if you went to school! history 5. A brief story of your wedding? What year? simple put together with mom affair on july 1, 1997
6. Tell me about your home. How do you like to decorate? Any 'themes"? it is a small apartment . i love apples (kitchen), lighthouses (bathroom) and my daughter room is under the sea with spongebob (ugh!)
7. Do you have collections or what's your most favorite personal item or treasure? I collect Barbies, old cookbooks, pictures of waterfalls...oh, and cookie cutters.
8. Do you enjoy cooking and what are your favorite meals? i love to cook...i don't have favorite that i cook yet but i love to go out for Chinese. I love making new foods to try. all new recipes welcome...
9. Do your kids like their veggies or do you struggle to get them to eat them? depends on the veggie and how it is cooked or not cooked.
10. What sort of vacation do you enjoy most? the beach, or we go horsebacking and camping in the mountains.....
11. Do you work outside the home? What do you do? Do you like what you do? no i am a homemaker and i love it.
12. Do you have pets? What are their names? just a cat...she only answers to silly kitty.
13. How about siblings? A brief little run down on them? one older brother, Shawn (10 months older) typical pain but i love him....one younger sister, amy, 8 yrs younger... and the brat of the family....but i love her.
14. Are your parents still living? yes.....but not in the same state bc they would kill each other.....
15. Do you enjoy wearing jewelry? What's your favorite, besides your wedding ring, of course? i like necklaces and bracelets....some rings though not alot at one time.
16. What's your favorite perfume, soap, shampoo, make-up? perfume: Lady stetson and white diamonds, soap: irishspring body wash,.shampoo..don't have a favorite on that,....make-up: really don't wear it except special occasions
17. Do you like candles and air-fresheners in your home? What are your favorite smells? yes love them.......Hawaiian or apple/cinnamon..or beach scented ones
18. Do you enjoy shopping and what are your favorite stores? not alot but a craft store or book store or yardsale and i am doomed....lol
19. When you shop, what do you like to buy? for my house, kids, hubby, or father-in-law.
20. What kind of car(s) do you have and what is your dream car? to both a restored chevy impala 66
21. Some may not want to share, and that's okay, but do you attend church, and what denomination do you consider yourself? i grew up catholic (irish here) but i go to the local community church with my family
Also, were you raised in church and did you stay with the same denomination your parents brought you up? yes...no
22. Do you follow politics at all and try to get out to vote at each election? that is something i don't get into....leave that to hubby.... (Again, some may not wish to discuss religion and politics..that's okay!)
23. Lighter now...lol...Are you a baker? Enjoy making desserts and cookies and pies? yes.....and yes, yes, and yes.....hubby's waistline (lack there of ) shows it....lol
24. Do you garden or enjoy having flowers around? i want to learn and to can my own veggies..........love flowers of all kinds (but i am seriously allergic to bees)...roses and cala lilies are my favorites
25. What was your childhood like? Born in the city, country, oceanside, mountains? i was a navy brat....all over....
26. What area of the country do you live in now? What is your town/city like? Have we heard of it!? lol upstate ny.......norwich (no probably not) lol small town - blink you missed it...lol
27. Do you like to swim? Ride a bike? Do you purposely set out to exercise? yes, yes and no but i should.
28. Have any of your good friends been your friend for longer than 15 years? no navy brat remember (never stayed long enough to make friends)
29. Why is your best friend your best friend? What makes a friendship last? my bff is my older brother, Shawn.....we are just alike and think the same...i would do anything for him and he would do the same for me and my kids.
30. Do you get along with your family? What about your in-laws? Are you happy with his entire family? no don't ask....only have the one in-law , the father-in -law and i love him like he was my dad....he is awesome.....(not in the best health but awesome). my hubby's mother threw him out as a kid and he refuses to speak to her. so no problem there.
31. I thought this was a cute question I've seen: Reach out your arm to your left. What is closest at hand? my cat on the arm of my sofa
And to your right? my nosey daughter......lol
32. Do you like photos of your beloved's around the house or mostly an album person? i have both and pics on my computer that rotate for screen savers and background
33. Scrapbooking has become so big. Have you created a scrapbook yet for anyone? Does it interest you? no but i would love to learn.
34. Do you have any special talents, do you sing, play an instrument, paint/draw, craft? i sing solos for church.........make alot of crafts to decorate with.
35. Do you have an Avon lady and enjoy shopping at home in that way?no
36. Do you shop online or enjoy sites like Ebay and what do you like to buy? ebay...barbies, cookbooks, books to read....toys for my daughter
37. Are you a reader? What are some of your favorite books and authors?yes...my favorite author is RHYS Bowen....the gaslight series...
38. Do you enjoy movies? What are your all time favorites?yes...i like a lil bit of everything including old movies..really depends on my mood
39. Are you a neat -nick, or prefer a more relaxed atmosphere at home? neat nick...drive daughter and hubby crazy as FIL laughs...
. 40. If you have an hour all to yourself, what do you want to do? read, soakin the tub, or go for a walk..
41. How long have you been online, what led you to CafeMom, and what are some other sites you visit online? new to the online thing except ebay....a lady at the store was talking about this site and i thought i would see if i like it... i like ask.com bc you can find how to's on there..
42. What's your favorite time of year and Holiday? Christmas....
43. Name me one thing you own that is SO neat and probably no one else has one it's so cool: my FIL made me a cabinet with a car tape player in it so i can listen to my cassettes without having to stop and turn them over to the other side. its auto play back.......love it....love my old cassette tapes ......lol yeah, i am old....lol
44. Do you prefer sleeping alone, or hate being away from your husband at night? i can't sleep without hubby..
45. Does he snore? Do you? Do you allow pets in the bed? YES!!!!! our cat sleeps on our feet.
46. What troubles you the most? Lack of finances, poor communication with hubby, difficult children...? money, money and money
47. Are you really happy, or are there a lot of difficulites and struggles righ now for you? i am the happiest i have ever been...
48. What is your dream for retirement? Where do you see yourself at 65? traveling, dragging hubby or planes and cruiseships....
by Bat898February 17, 2012 at 12:58 AMI joined this site because I am a grandma to a 9yr old girl that loves to craft...I run out of ideas so I'm always looking....
by lriggle12March 11, 2012 at 8:09 AM
Hi ladies. Im Louanne. Mom of three. Two boys 7 & 6, and a girl almost 3. Im not extremely crafty but I do like to make paper crafts with my cricut and I crochet. I love finding new ideas and seeing the creativity of others. Thanks for having me in the group.
November 28, 2012 at 6:17 PM
Hello fellow crafters!
My name is Peechee and I've been crafting for as long as I can remember. I have 4 children ranging from 20 to 7 years old. Besides my love for my children and crafting, I also love to act in movies, tv, and commercials.I used to teach preschool but when the acting bug bit, I had to scratch that itch. But even with that itch, I can't give up crafting. I always try to find the time to craft something... anything. Guess I just love to create - my kids, movies, crafts.
I joined this group because I love to see and learn new crafts, as well as share some of the crazy thing that I do. :-)