Handmade Holidays...

Ezranight
Baby shower centerpiece
September 7, 2010 at 10:34 AM

I wanted to show these, and I don't think I got them posted.  These were from my sisters baby shower almost 2 years ago, lol...

I made diaper cakes for each table.

Not the best pics, but I'll explain after...

I started with a cardboard cake board.  A fancy round one with a design on the top. 

I made 2 tiers of diapers.  In the center, I left out one diaper. 

Instered a tall round vase.  Very plain, just a vase that was tall and skinny, and the same height as the diapers.  I had a florist make up a small arraingment for flowers to put in the vase.

Put the vase in the middle, arrange the diapers.  Secure the diapers with a rubber band.  Tie ribbon around the tiers to hide the rubber band.

I made seperate bows and attatched them to the ribbon.  (which you can ALMOST see on the left side, lol...

Done...

What we did, was...

We had each guest write their name and address on an envelope (for thank you cards)...and we drew an envelope from each table.  That person got to take home the vase with the flowers...

Which looked like THIS...ase on the left, diaper cake on the right...it just pulled right out...

Simple, and pretty.  Momma had a LOT of diapers to take home, lol...and she made Daddy take ALL the rubber bands off, lol...took him HOURS, lol...

Replies

• SophRichRel
    September 7, 2010 at 10:59 AM

What a great idea!

• mom_love07
    September 10, 2010 at 12:43 PM

this is a great idea.

I am def going to suggest this idea to whoever is planning my sil baby shower. which im wondering if they might just let me help out, because sil planned mine for me.

and the address thing is amazing. I am def going to suggest that for sure. That has to be great for the mom because of the pregnant scatterbrain that happens, or after baby comes when getting thanks yous out is the last thing on your mind.

i wish someone had done that at mine, because I didn't get them out for like almost 3 months.

• Ezranight
    September 10, 2010 at 2:01 PM
    Yep. We put an envelope ( from the thank you cards) at each place setting, and the mom (or bride) didn't have to write out addresses, or look them up. Super simple. Just ask the guests to fill one out for people that didn't attend (if they sent a gift).

Handmade Holidays...

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN