Handmade Holidays...

Chris0110
Present help
September 2, 2010 at 4:33 PM

My step-daughter is turning 7 in a couple of weeks.  I have no money to buy anything.  Every penny I can squeeze out of budget is going to the party food.  Do you have any ideas for a present?  She is very into disney, but I can't copy that. lol Help!!!

Replies

• soccerjunki
    September 2, 2010 at 9:28 PM

make her a card and a little book marker on the back and then make a "gift certificate" that has an amount of money on it that says "good at ____" ( a book store). We do this for one of my ss's because he LOVES getting new books. That way I can use it with an on-line coupon that I get, and sometimes he gets more books..

Or give her a bag of microwave popcorn and a "movie ticket" to tell her you are going to take her to see a movie. Then you can pick a matinee and save money..

As you can see I am all about saving money..LOL..I will keep thinking of things for ya..

• Chris0110
    September 3, 2010 at 8:12 AM

Thanks soccerjunki, I like those ideas!

• COTwinMom
    September 3, 2010 at 9:49 AM

Do you sew?  Maybe you can buy a cute Disney princess fabric and sew her a bag??

http://homeconfetti.blogspot.com

• Artladydp
    September 3, 2010 at 11:45 AM

School supplies are cheap right now.  Get some spiral notebooks and cover the front with brown paper bags or whatever kind of paper you may have around.  Trace your daughter's favorite Disney characters on the fronts.  Color them or just outline them in marker.  Write her name on them or decorate as much as you want.  Thread some decorative ribbon through the spiral and tie at the top.  Leave a tail about 6 -8 " long to use as a bookmark.  Tell her these are her journals or diaries, if you prefer.  Decorate boxes of pencils are crayons to match her book. 

Handmade Holidays...