Handmade Holidays...

mssjss
Tea Party Help!
by mssjss
August 16, 2010 at 1:02 AM

I want to have a surprise tea party for my little girl for her birthday. It would be just close family. Lets see... like 8 people? 

Any way.. it's mostly adults. Two kids total including Kailey Is this lame for the adults?  

Replies

• Rik-E
    by Rik-E
    August 16, 2010 at 1:34 AM

Not if that is what the child wants! Just have real tea for the adults. (if you are planning on something else for the kids. Mine just drink tea LOL)

• lizseptember
    August 16, 2010 at 1:50 AM

I think that sounds like fun! I'd have a great time if I were invited to a little girls tea party ;)

• Rik-E
    by Rik-E
    August 16, 2010 at 1:53 AM

Actually my SIL and I have 'tea parties' fairly often. LOL I go over so the kids can play for a few hours & we have tea & muffins or something.

• mssjss
    by mssjss
    August 16, 2010 at 1:54 AM
    Even if there's men invited? Lol
  • SewAwesome
    August 16, 2010 at 12:50 PM

We have tea partys alot here too..The guys like the meat finger sandwiches or biscut and jelly and I normaly make a dark tea like english gray..the kids love the strawberry tea..or just apple juice..have fun..play dress up!

• Rik-E
    by Rik-E
    August 16, 2010 at 1:42 PM

Lots of cookies, 'real' man size sandwiches, and offer them coffee if they prefer it. They'll be fine!

Quoting mssjss:

Even if there's men invited? Lol

• SanDiegoMaxMom
    August 16, 2010 at 1:54 PM

No!  This is AWESOME!!!!  Have hats and dress up clothes for any and all....lots of feather boas and tulle! 

One of our favorite activities is going to a nice hotel for high tea....wonderful pastries and champagne for the adults.

Have a blast!!!!

• jjcaj
    by jjcaj
    August 17, 2010 at 2:14 PM

We did this for my daughters birthday. everyone hade a fun time.  I made cupcakes in the large muffen pan and turned it into a tea pot I made one for each child that was going  to be there..  I also made some mini muffin size and made those into the cups.  The cakes turned out great and the kids had a blast dressing up and playing with her new tea set. 

• mistysangels
    August 17, 2010 at 9:39 PM

i think it sounds cool, just make sure the men have manly food.  lol

• nanbon44
    August 18, 2010 at 9:49 AM

I love the idea of the tea party, The men will tolerate the fancy party because it is for a child. I would have some coffee and a few of the he man sandwiches just for them. 

My grand daughter is Jewish and her Bat Mitzvah theme is Alice in Wonderland tea party, I have been working for months trying to get decorations ready. There will be about 200 people at her tea party.  Her centerpieces are fancy tea cups filled with sweetheart roses, I am making a gift card box out of paper mache in the shape of a tree stump, complete with the white rabbit and a door at the base of the stump, there is also a red and white rose topiary being painted by cards and lots of other custom made items.

Handmade Holidays...