Handmade Holidays...

anne85910
what do you think?
May 14, 2010 at 10:23 PM

So there is this very cute web site i found called "mango ink". they make custom greeting card with your photo's. or you can use one of their photographers and use those photo's on the card. the only problem is, you have to order 8 or more cards. perfect for invitations or thank you's. not so perfect for fathers day where there is only one dad and therefore, only one card. so i made my own..what do you think? be honest..i feel like it needs something but i'm not sure what.

haven't done the inside yet.

Replies

• Kivara
    by Kivara
    May 14, 2010 at 10:52 PM

Very cute!

If it were me...here's what I would change:
    1. The "Happy Father's Day" font...that different of fonts looks clashing to me (but it does make it stand out)
    2. I would move the Papa to the lower right corner (over that guys feet...the corner looks bare, comparatively...so it draws your eye.
    3. The spacing on "I Love You"...it kinda blends together like one long, over-spaced word  (I L O V E Y O U)
    4. I would either make the "I love you" font smaller, or change it to "Love You" as you lose the "I" behind the "Happy Fathers Day"

But nothing NEEDS fixed...just my personal opinion. No matter what, he will LOVE it!
    ~Heather

• Artladydp
    May 15, 2010 at 9:49 AM

Cute card.  I agree the I LOVE YOU is hard to make out.  I had to keep looking at it to figure it out.  Nice job!

Debby

• bether89
    May 15, 2010 at 3:34 PM

Very nice card.  I agree about the I love you.  I had to look for it.  I would move the Papa to the other side too, that way it would not crowd the I love you.

• CreativeMummy
    May 16, 2010 at 11:02 AM

I agree with #1's opinions and agree that you have done a great job - just ideas.  

I would add the year in the same lettering as the love you on the other side of the card and then center Papa

Let us see what you end up with.  I'm working on something for my hubbers.  Thanks for the inspiration! 

• Alieda
    by Alieda
    May 26, 2010 at 12:00 AM

I have to agree the I Love You is hard to read. I might make the PaPA the same color as the heading.

Handmade Holidays...