Handmade Holidays...

krissylea77
A gift perfect for ANY mom or grandma...
April 8, 2010 at 4:57 PM

Every year, I end up telling someone about this gift around Mother's Day.  It is a gift I gave to my mom several years ago and add to it regularly.  It only costs $1.00 if you go to a dollar store, but the gift itself is priceless.  All you have to do is get a journal from the dollar store, in the front cover or on the front page write the words,  "what you did right as my mom"  on each page following, write one thing your mom did right.  For instance, stayed up late with me when I was sick, encouraged me when I had a bad day, brought me into this world....anything you feel your mom did that was "right"  I didn't fill every page in the book I gave to my mom, instead I wrote on several of the pages and then I wrote,  something like,  "this isn't the end because just like us, this story continues"...each time I visit her, I try to add something else that she has done right to the book.  She loved the gift and reads it often!

Replies

• DLovesT
    by DLovesT
    April 8, 2010 at 11:05 PM

Puuuurfect!)

• aidensmomma508
    April 24, 2010 at 7:30 PM

oh i might do that

• LisaPW1008
    April 25, 2010 at 8:56 AM

What a wonderful idea!!!  Thanks for sharing! 

• Jdenos
    by Jdenos
    April 28, 2010 at 11:06 AM

Thanks for this great idea, I am going to do this gift this year!

• zazz
    by zazz
    April 29, 2010 at 12:16 PM

Great idea.  You could do an updated version of that by making an online book.

• jenettyshome
    April 30, 2010 at 8:56 AM

What a cute idea!!  This will definitely bring tears to both of our eyes!!  :) 

• Rebesmommy
    April 30, 2010 at 1:17 PM

Wow great idea! Great for mother's day!

Handmade Holidays...

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts