Handmade Holidays...

addictedtoAVON
Any ideas
April 7, 2010 at 11:52 AM

For my daughters 7th birthday we are hiring a clown.  I am wanting to find some games for the kids to play after the clown is finished with her act.  I also want something different to serve to eat than just cake, ice cream and hotdogs.  Any suggestions?

Replies

• Kivara
    by Kivara
    April 7, 2010 at 6:00 PM

Upside down ice cream in pointy cones

Some of the things we have down for food:
    burgers/hot dogs
    sloppy joes
    cold cuts (build your own sandwich)
    pepperoni rolls
    pizza
    chips
    fruit
    veggie tray

For games...are you having a theme or just want some basic party games? (musical chairs, pin the red nose on the clown, freeze tag)

Indoors or out?
    ~Heather

• addictedtoAVON
    April 7, 2010 at 7:55 PM

If weather permits it will be outdoors. And I want to go with a clown theme.  Thanks for the ideas.

• Kivara
    by Kivara
    April 7, 2010 at 11:44 PM

Here's the upside down ice cream thing I was talking about:http://www.meltzerarchive.com/noah/ice%20cream%20clown.gif

To save you some time & give the kids another activity, you could have them decorate them by themselves.

How about mini pizzas, decorated like clown faces (either premade & baked or have the kids assemble their own & do another activity while they bake)http://imworld.aufeminin.com/dossiers/D20090903/pizza-face-1-121151_L.jpg

Get 2 pair of the biggest (most lurid-colored) sweatpants you can find. Break the kids up into 2 teams. One person on each team pulls the pants over their clothes & they each stand in a hula hoop. The other kids on their team toss foam balls (or bean bags) trying to get them in the pants. The "clown kids" can't leave the hoops.

• babybuds
    April 8, 2010 at 1:39 AM

Here are some of the games that I played at my kids parties when they were younger.

You divide the kids up into 3 or 4 even teams.      Tie 3 or 4 powered donuts on a string hanging down from a rope.     Someone holds the rope at one end and someone at the other.  Hold it just high enough that the kids can only reach the donuts with their mouth  while hands behind their back.    See who can eat the whole donut off the string first without using their handes.

Another game,     best played outside

Lay out paper plater in one long row  one for each child.    Do not let them see you make this up.     Place a piece of gum anywhere on each plate.     Cover the whole plate with whip cream so they can't see the gum.   Each kid gets on their knees with hands behind their back infront of a plate.  When you count to 3 they must find the gum by using only their mouth.  The first one to find the gum and blow a bouble wins the game.

My kids now 22,18, & 16  and their friends loved these games so much that they still talk about how much fun they had playing them.   As they get older they would still play these game for fun.  There's no age limit for these games but oh what messy games they can be.  After the kids found their gum they  took the whipped creamed plates a attacked each other.  How messy they got but how much fun they had.

For Food     We had the kids make individual mini homemade pizzas with a couple of different topping.  They had fun making them too.

Hope this helps.

~Baby Buds~,

Julie 

• COTwinMom
    April 8, 2010 at 8:37 AM

you could have the kids do a clown craft with styrofoam balls (use pom poms for hair, etc), set up carnival-like games (knock 'em down game; shoot water gun through a hoop); face painting or temporary tattoos; potato sack race. For food, serve popcorn in the red striped bags, animal crackers (or make your own animal shaped cookies) put them on sticks and display them like a carousel (use a styrofoam block to stick them into with Easter grass covering the block) check out Bakerella.com for "cake pops" -- kids love those! Or use wafer ice cream cones and fill them with a popcorn/chocolate mix.  Cotton candy too!  Have fun!

• combster
    April 9, 2010 at 10:04 AM

we have a ice crem bar, where the kids can make there own sundaes.  always a sucess

Handmade Holidays...

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts