Handmade Holidays...

NiekaC
Ideas for basket stuffers
by NiekaC
March 7, 2010 at 7:34 PM

Ive never made a basket I usually buy, but this year I want to make both my girls  nice baskets w/ more then just crappy toys & sugar. can you guys give me ideas? I have a 2 year old- i was thinking books, side walk chalk, bracelets & Im stuck there.

& for my 3 month old, Im totaly stuck, not sure what to get at all, maybe noisy stuff?

any suggestions would really help Oh what day is Easter this year?

Replies

• Jules4jess
    March 10, 2010 at 8:43 PM

We do candy and a stuffed animal.  We also usually give her a book on Easter or a Christian theme.  I gave her board books until she was 2 years old.  We also buy her a DVD that is from Veggie Tales or another bible theme.  We try to tie it around the true meaning of Christmas.

• OldnWiseMom
    March 12, 2010 at 12:30 AM

These are all great ideas!  I have 4 granddaughters, and am glad to get all these ideas!  Thanks!

• Jodie269
    March 13, 2010 at 7:40 PM

Your little  2 year old might like a little apron,a little stuffed animal,crayolas,color book,& maybe some ABC Blocks.  Just a Hint that Has  I can always remember as being Special as in the Middle of the Night Put the Basket by the side of there bed so when they open their eyes thet can see what the Easter Bunny Brought & it is just Like Christmas.  The Baby I would suggest rattlers,stuffed animals & Little Baby treats.  You ar going to have so much fun/

• mommyprice09
    March 13, 2010 at 7:56 PM

dollar store has chalk shaped like eggs and eggs that u put in water and hatches a chick....pretty cool. For the baby all the ideas for outfits toys and treats are best...another new one is stuff for the bath, all diff colors like the soap, shampoo, towels, and bath toys they look very eastery all the colors of the bottles.

• artC1s
    by artC1s
    March 13, 2010 at 9:47 PM

For a 2 yr old keep it simple; books are good, side walk chalk is good as long it is not tempting as a chewy. A bath toy, those wash cloths that start out as shapes and turn into a cloth with water are cool, bath soap paints. You can do a themed basket, lamb items. There should be lots to chose from.

For a 3 month old; a keepsake item that will have meaning for future and something for fun, like a toy, noisy stuff is good.

The baskets are part of the gift remember and can reused each year.

• suroundedbyboys
    March 14, 2010 at 10:43 PM

When my boys were babies/ toddlers I put some teething biscuits, gerber fruit snacks etc as filler. I got some cute socks and wrapped those up and stuffed an egg or two. The also got little stuffed toys and age appropriate stuff.

This year for my boys (2 and almost 5) we are doing a theme basket- outside fun! We bought plastic Lightening McQueen buckets- they can be used in the sand box and outside, then bought things to fill them. Bubbles, chalk, squirt guns,  sand shovel and couple sand toys, a kite for each. They are pretty much getting identical baskets, so there is  no fighting! We don't do much candy, last year I made sugar cookies and there were those in there baskets. They also get a couple gifts, new spring jackets, sandles, etc.

Handmade Holidays...

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN