Handmade Holidays...

maryw24
Check out this Photo Rag Quilt!!!
by maryw24
March 1, 2010 at 3:01 PM

Just click on the picture to see instructions!!!

Replies

• mamamalia
    March 1, 2010 at 3:03 PM

where is the link?

• onceagain4u2
    March 1, 2010 at 5:04 PM

Just click on the photo, it takes you to her blog.  Directions can be found from there.  Cool idea. Might have to do something for my mom for a retirement gift.

Quoting mamamalia:

where is the link?

• TXMompreneur
    March 1, 2010 at 5:26 PM

This is AWESOME!!  I may have to have family dig up a bunch of old pics so I can do these for all those "hard to buy for" relatives!

BRILLIANT!

• dasluv
    by dasluv
    March 2, 2010 at 7:49 AM

I love this! I never knew that rag quilts were so easy. I might have to try one of these. 

• sportsgrandma
    March 2, 2010 at 10:58 AM

Thanks got all the information I think.  I was looking for the printable fabric but I hope to find it with the information you put out.

• KristinaO129
    March 2, 2010 at 11:42 AM

OMG!!! How totally cute!!! Thank you so much for sharing this! I have so been wanting to make a photo quilt for a long time but I am not a quilter but this is something I could totally do! Now just to find the printable fabric mentioned in the tutorial. Oh - I have my next project to work on! Big hugs to you for sharing!!!

hugs

• KristinaO129
    March 2, 2010 at 12:16 PM

Just FYI... I just found that the "Printed Treasures Printable Fabric" used in the tutorial is available through Amazon & Ebay, although it is fairly expensive & I'm debating which way to go since the photo's would be fairly small if you try printing 2 per sheet & leave room for seam allowance. (You could get roughly a 4 inch x 4 inch photo + seam that gets cut all around.) 1 per page would just be too expensive. I'm considering using the iron on transfer instead since it's a little more cost effective. Anyone with experience what brands work the best???

• kids1derful
    March 2, 2010 at 1:38 PM

I made one of these for my daughters sweet 16.  I used old jeans in mine. She loved it! 

• TheJerseyGirl
    March 13, 2010 at 1:26 PM

I LOVE that! And am on my way to ebay for supplies!

• Daniska928
    March 13, 2010 at 1:30 PM

? Is it easier to hand stitch or machine stitch? Cause im not that good with a sewing machine and I always wanted to try to make a quilt.

Handmade Holidays...

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN