Handmade Holidays...

sxycarolinagirl
front yard b-day party - tacky?
January 26, 2010 at 7:02 PM

im having a garden tea party for my daughters birthday in april , so my question is having it in the front tacky? my backyard is a disaster area from my husband cutting down trees and we have a dog that stays outside so there's no way we could have it in the back. your opinions are greatly appreciated, thanks

Replies

• wells75904
    January 26, 2010 at 7:08 PM

I dont think its tacky BUT I probably wouldnt take my kids, just because I dont like the idea of them being close to the road, birthday parties are crazy and I would be afraid a kid would slip away and run out in front of a car

• auroragold
    January 26, 2010 at 7:51 PM

"tacky" - probably not.....  BUT

-how far is your home set back from the road? Is there a big front lawn?

-do you have a covered porch or large trees to provide shade?

-do you have a picture you could share? 

• Alieda
    by Alieda
    January 27, 2010 at 3:51 PM

I do not think having it in the front yard is tacky but I think you have some very important question to answer about it.  Mostly about safely. I would invites a couple of other ladies to help me get a eye on the kids,

• LindyLou
    January 27, 2010 at 5:14 PM

I have had many o parties for my kiddles in our front yard.  It is way prettier than my back yard.  My kids are 3 and 5.  When they were 1,2 & 3 we had to be very careful of kids getting onto the streets.  But with all the parents there it was never an issue.

• SanDiegoMaxMom
    January 27, 2010 at 5:17 PM

Why not?  I think you could probably do something fun and interesting there.

Do you live on a busy street?  That would be my only oncern.

• DalesLgndLvsOn3
    January 27, 2010 at 5:22 PM

Actually I do think it's kinda on the tacky side, especially if you have close neighbors.  Is there not a local park you could use instead?  Or do you know someone with or rent a tent to use in your yard?   

• ejedwards00
    January 27, 2010 at 5:25 PM

haha..guess im tacky then..i had dd's 2nd birthday in the front yard..we set up a canopy thing in the driveway with the food under it and had a picnic table for the little ones and her water and sand table(which was one of her gifts) set up and ready for the kids to play 

• barbt
    by barbt
    January 27, 2010 at 6:28 PM

I dont think it is tacky at all i have had partys for my girls in the frount yard, one included ponies so if you are going to have a tea party enjoy and show the girls a good time.

• sxycarolinagirl
    January 27, 2010 at 7:08 PM

thanks for the opinions. i live in a subdivision and have a decent size yard and my dd will be turning 10 and its only going to be a 4 maybe 5 of her friends. thought about doing it at the park but you have to pay for a party there. just have to see how much of the back yard i can get cleaned up ..lol

• SgtWife0502
    January 27, 2010 at 10:26 PM

i gotta be honest..i think its tacky too..not a good look at all. Since its only 4-5 kids coming why dont you have it inside your home? If you planned on cleaning the backyard up anyways then i would pay to get it cleaned up..if you hire some teens looking for extra cash it shouldnt cost that much. I know the teens in my area love doing yard work. 

Handmade Holidays...