Handmade Holidays...

sxycarolinagirl
front yard b-day party - tacky?
January 26, 2010 at 7:02 PM

im having a garden tea party for my daughters birthday in april , so my question is having it in the front tacky? my backyard is a disaster area from my husband cutting down trees and we have a dog that stays outside so there's no way we could have it in the back. your opinions are greatly appreciated, thanks

Replies

• SanDiegoMaxMom
    January 28, 2010 at 11:54 AM

I think you could make the front yard work for you.  How about setting it up like a restaurant patio or sidewalk cafe?  You can even have older kids come by and take pictures like the paparazzi.

Then the front yard venue would make perfect sense!

• Momforhealth
    January 28, 2010 at 11:59 AM

Tacky?  Who cares!  its about the children not the adults. Let them make believe and have fun.  It would be pretty if you had a table decorated under a tree or something. Flowers and little games.  I have seen many front yard parties. 

• FelipesMom
    January 28, 2010 at 12:52 PM

It looks like this has pretty much been answered but I will chime in anyway  - here I am, one more mom who does not at all think this would be tacky. Go for it! Hope it's wonderful :o)

• Bradensmommy719
    February 2, 2010 at 4:49 PM

growing up my parties were always in the front yard. we had very little space for people inside the house and the backyard was a downward sloping hill. my bday is in july and we had a big tree for some shade. we always did it there it was the only place big enough.

if the parents are around and there are a lot of people to watch kids so they dont run off you should be just fine.

• viento
    by viento
    April 8, 2010 at 1:50 AM

I don't think it is tacky at all.  I can't do it at my house now because I live on a crazy busy street that I would deem unsafe even for a teen lol.  My daughter is 10 and I don't think twice when we are outside anymore, she knows not to go into the street. 

In the house that we lived in before this one, although we never threw a full party outside, our back yard was just a disaster area so we always used the front yard at the end of the party for the pinata and then the kids played out there until it was time to go home.  No one ever complained.  I wish you a fun time for all at your dd's party!

• goldenraysofsun
    April 8, 2010 at 1:35 PM

Why not do it at the park?

Handmade Holidays...

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts