Handmade Holidays...

Strawbanana
So proud of my last minute gift
December 24, 2009 at 9:05 AM

Its a Dave Ramsey Christmas...  I was lamenting over what to get for my father-in-law for christmas, the budget was only $8... normal budget was only $5 but I was under budget on some others and was able to increase here.

Still it was hard.  So it hit me on the way out the door when I was checking the time... he likes tools.  A tool clock.   So I went to micheals with my 50% coupon and paid only $3.50 for battery operated clock mechanics that comes with the arms and everything.

Then I stopped at Harbor Freight and found the cheapest circular saw blade I could find right about $3.  Then I picked up a little pack of washers, I was lucky to find a small container with mulitple sizes.. including very large, like a half dollar.  

I went home and started assembly.  Fumbling through, ad-libing, and using washers to make hole smaller and a couple of smaller ones to fit inside the hole so it won't wiggle, (my husbands idea).  

And a sharpie to write in the numbers, they have number kits you can buy but I thought that a sharpie was just as good.  

I don't have a working camera anymore so that is when I had an ah-ha moment and went online to get a picture and found instructions...   just google "make a saw blade clock"

http://planetgreen.discovery.com/home-garden/circular-sawblade-clock.html

thanks

Replies

• farrah
    by farrah
    December 24, 2009 at 9:08 AM

That sounds awesome!! I am sure he will love it!

Handmade Holidays...

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN