Handmade Holidays...

LadyLuck13
Need Craft Ideas for my 4yrs to do for their Great Great Grandpa. (Need something to lift his spirits!)
December 9, 2009 at 11:54 AM

I need an idea on something my kids can make for my Great Grandfather. Christmas is always a tough time for him. It used to be my Great Grandmother's favorite time of year. On top of that his health is not doing well, he's depressed about that and things the kids do always make him smile.

Normally they draw him a picture and he loves them. But this time I wanna do something better than that. But I need ideas!

Thank you in advance!

Replies

• SLGIRL
    by SLGIRL
    December 9, 2009 at 12:04 PM

I have a couple of ideas.  Get a stepping stone kit & put their handprints & hearts on it.  The other idea is to get one of those kits where you can make a plate.  The kids can draw a design then send it in & have it put on a plate that the company sends back to you.  I hope this helps.  

• TonyaLea
    December 9, 2009 at 12:28 PM

In school we used to make all different kinds of ornaments each year that you can put a small school photo in.  One year it was wreaths made out of those thin craft foam sheets you can find at craft stores.  We used green to do the wreath part and a hole punch to make red berries.  Then glued a picture to the back facing out the hole in the middle of the wreath. 

I also found this idea and thought it was cute:

• LadyLuck13
    December 9, 2009 at 2:44 PM

Quoting TonyaLea:

In school we used to make all different kinds of ornaments each year that you can put a small school photo in.  One year it was wreaths made out of those thin craft foam sheets you can find at craft stores.  We used green to do the wreath part and a hole punch to make red berries.  Then glued a picture to the back facing out the hole in the middle of the wreath. 

I also found this idea and thought it was cute:

That is too cute!!! I love it! I think this is what we will give him!  Thanks! :)

• LadyLuck13
    December 9, 2009 at 2:45 PM

Quoting SLGIRL:

I have a couple of ideas.  Get a stepping stone kit & put their handprints & hearts on it.  The other idea is to get one of those kits where you can make a plate.  The kids can draw a design then send it in & have it put on a plate that the company sends back to you.  I hope this helps.  

I am deffidently going to look into the plate idea! Thank you very much. I love the stepping stones too, but he would get upset because he can't really go outside anymore. However, I think I will do those for my walk way. :) Ty.

• amytoo
    by amytoo
    December 12, 2009 at 10:36 AM

Take a tshirt and have kids walk on it use different colors for each child and put there names on it. Then write on it "My great grandchildren walk all over me". Amy

• btina1979
    December 13, 2009 at 6:19 PM

Oh my goodness...I love this idea.   Wahoo gift # 1 for next years Christmas present to the grandparents.  Thanks a bunch!!!

Quoting amytoo:

Take a tshirt and have kids walk on it use different colors for each child and put there names on it. Then write on it "My great grandchildren walk all over me". Amy

Handmade Holidays...