Handmade Holidays...

KeilsRoses
x-mas gifts for teachers
December 5, 2009 at 11:14 AM

I'm wondering how many moms r gving gifts 2 teachers this x-mas?My daughters in pre-k & there's 2 teachers in her class.Were making something not sure what yet.It's 2 expensive 2 buy these days.

Replies

• mom22tumblebugs
    December 5, 2009 at 11:41 AM

How about buy some blue ornaments, have your daughters make 3 fingertips the shape of a snowman and write in white paint pen "Happy Holidays 2009"?

• teralg
    by teralg
    December 5, 2009 at 12:59 PM

I posted a ? very similar in here and I got tons of responses.  You may want to try searching for it, it should come up.  I hope this helps.

• mom-2-4kids
    December 5, 2009 at 10:50 PM

We're making flower pen bouquets this year. Its pretty yet functional.

• MsWood729
    December 5, 2009 at 10:54 PM

We're doing picture ornaments for my son's Teacher & Teacher Assistant.  If we have enough time & if my son wants to we'll also make one for his Director, she had much impact on my son & has been a lot of help =o)

• chrisnjoesmom
    December 5, 2009 at 11:01 PM

I am making cookies, I got nice cookie gift boxes at Michael's with a 40% off coupon, and I might add a hot chocolate set with it, not sure yet.... I might also make some banana breads for my hubby's co-workers.

• auntietotty
    December 5, 2009 at 11:10 PM

Im making aprons for my 2 nieces to give their teachers...and also making one for my granddaughter to give her teacher.

• Morgain
    by Morgain
    December 5, 2009 at 11:10 PM

We are giving travel sized hand cream and purse sized purell ($.99 each) in a handmade felt gift bag. (I work in a school system and most teachers say that hand cream/lotion is one of the gifts they find most useful.) 

• momsoccer
    December 6, 2009 at 12:43 PM

We are making oranments that I got from Dollar Tree and giving them candles and for  oldest son 's teacher we are making cookies b/c its male!!

• SanDiegoMaxMom
    December 6, 2009 at 12:52 PM

Here's our go to gift for teaches and support staff.  We buy a plant (usually african violet, but this year a poinsettia) and make a little flag out of a bamboo skewer and cardstock.  On the flag I put a picture of my son and the saying, "Thanks for helping me grow.  Love, Max"

• SgtWife0502
    December 8, 2009 at 3:58 PM

I made these last yr for teacher appreciation week and the teacher LOVED it..she has them in her classroom.

For xmas my daughter is in Pre-K and has 3 teachers, I found these very cute spa sets at walmart for $3 so I got 3 of them and I am gonna bake some cookies and make some chocolates for them, I got the tins at dollar tree to put them in. For my son's teacher , she loves food so I'm making her a variety box, it will have cookies, chocolates and coconut balls in there.

Quoting mom-2-4kids:

We're making flower pen bouquets this year. Its pretty yet functional.

Handmade Holidays...

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts