Handmade Holidays...

KeilsRoses
x-mas gifts for teachers
December 5, 2009 at 11:14 AM

I'm wondering how many moms r gving gifts 2 teachers this x-mas?My daughters in pre-k & there's 2 teachers in her class.Were making something not sure what yet.It's 2 expensive 2 buy these days.

Replies

• VTMommaX3
    October 7, 2010 at 8:04 AM
    As a teacher...most of us would appreciate a gift to be used in the classroom! We get a lot of mugs etc over the years...but books for the class or supplies are always appreciated...with tighter budgets we often have to buy art materials etc out of pocket. Look around in the room and see what's needed or ask the teacher!
  • Delirium003
    November 23, 2010 at 8:08 AM
    Bump!
  • JesusGirl0721
    December 12, 2010 at 8:06 PM

I made these for my DSD and DSS teachers this year. It was an idea posted in another group. I will put them in shadow box picture frames.

• bjarrett
    December 13, 2010 at 9:34 AM

I found a ceramic coffe cup w/ a silicone lid at Michael's for 5.00 the other day, and I had planned on a beaded bracelet I have from selling Avon, and maybe a hand lotion.

Last year we gave her teacher a crystal heart necklace.

• bjarrett
    December 13, 2010 at 9:36 AM

Cute, but, my reaction was "All of those good crayons wasted!!"  lol...

I would have to do that with something else, lol....

I do like the idea though!  8>)

• nanbon44
    December 13, 2010 at 10:45 AM

My grandchildren and I made the Christmas gifts for their teachers this year... Family tradition here to make things with Nana for their gift giving.. they took mugs, filled with either teas, hot chocolate mix or coffees, added some candies and a chapstick (their idea, they save it is the big thing at school) put a mug rug that I made around the mug and we wrapped in white tulle and tied with a bow.. They looked so nice... Their Moms made bath baskets, coffee or tea baskets to give to her co workers and the mail lady..We had so much fun making these.. last year it was gingerbread houses and ceramic trees and angels.

• AudreysMom1027
    December 24, 2010 at 9:06 AM

I made candied pecans this year for the teachers. It's a southern thing I guess... the women love pecans!

• FostrMom1
    December 26, 2010 at 5:18 PM

I made a basket w/ supplies Mostly from the dollar tree.  It had many school supplies,such as pens, daily planner, stampers, lil notepads, and personal supplies such as hot chocolate, lip balm, etc.  It also had a tin of homemade chocolate pretzel molds that I made and an ornament my son  helped make.

Handmade Holidays...

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN