Handmade Holidays...

Villanelle83
OH NO!!! HELP PLEASE!!!
December 1, 2009 at 4:20 PM

I had decided to make little kids for everyone in my family using a jar recipe that I found on this website, in this group... I lost the post!!!! I thought I had it saved and I cannot find it anywhere!!! The person that posted had three lints to her Google Documents pages listing hundreds of recipes... The one in particular that I want is the one for little mini cakes that you microwafe in a large teacup!!! I remember that I needed to get cake mix and corresponding pudding, but I need the rest of the recipe to print tags for Christmas!!! I also wanted the hot cocoa mix recipe... Please, if anyone has the link or remembers what part of the group I need to go to, you'll make my Christmas!!! :-D

I haven't told the hubby I lost the link... He's already set on doing this for our gifts for everyone, so please don't let me down ladies!!! Thanks!!!

Replies

• lphill
    by lphill
    December 1, 2009 at 4:25 PM

Quoting Villanelle83:

I had decided to make little kids for everyone in my family ...

Sorry, I just had to reply! Kids for Everyone!!!!

I hope you find the recipie for tham, I do not have it.

• Villanelle83
    December 1, 2009 at 4:30 PM

What in the world was on my mind, I have no idea.... HAHAHAHAHA OH MY!!!

I MEANT to type little KITS...... HAHAHAHAHA  Thanks for the bump, at least...

Please ladies! I know someone out there remembers the links! It was really an awesome collection!!!

• maggie13
    December 1, 2009 at 7:08 PM

I decided to take a look and here is what I found.

Here is the link: http://www.joycesfinecooking.com/Recipes5/cake_in_a_coffee_mug.htm

I hope this is what you were looking for.

• mommie_b515
    December 1, 2009 at 7:29 PM

I guess I'll play Santa =-) Merry Christmas lol

http://www.cafemom.com/group/25285/forums/read/10106742/Gifts_in_a_Jar_Recipes

• Villanelle83
    December 1, 2009 at 8:00 PM

THAT'S IT!!!! THANKS SO MUCH!!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

• maggie13
    December 1, 2009 at 9:53 PM

Quoting Villanelle83:

THAT'S IT!!!! THANKS SO MUCH!!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

I looked through the post and saw the links added in the gift jar 2. I then searched for any cake in a mug. I hope you take pictures of all your gifts. I am thinking this would be a nice gift for a few people my husband works with so it is a win win! Take care and Happy Holidays!

• Villanelle83
    December 1, 2009 at 11:20 PM

Well, money's been tight, so we have done homemade gifts... Two years ago I made tons of cookies, last year was fudge, and this year, I just don't want to MAKE stuff... I bought cute plastic baggies to put it all in, and am going to find some cute large mugs to give with a set... I'm going to put a few cakes, glaze, and toppings into the mugs, along with a few servings of "snowman soup" hot chocolate mix. I bought cute stirring sticks to go with it, even. It'll cover everyone in my family (the ones I live with won't get mugs since we have them, but there will be lots of cakes!) One box of cake mix and box of pudding seems to make a lot, so it should work well!!! I have 15-20 of these to make... Whew!!! I bought books for all the nieces and nephews and am making monster stockings/bags to go with them, I think. For my uncle and in-laws I might give a jar of KFC chicken seasoning I mixed up (mix with flour and fry - yum!) I'm so excited! :-D Merry Christmas!!!

• maggie13
    December 1, 2009 at 11:45 PM

Quoting Villanelle83:

Well, money's been tight, so we have done homemade gifts... Two years ago I made tons of cookies, last year was fudge, and this year, I just don't want to MAKE stuff... I bought cute plastic baggies to put it all in, and am going to find some cute large mugs to give with a set... I'm going to put a few cakes, glaze, and toppings into the mugs, along with a few servings of "snowman soup" hot chocolate mix. I bought cute stirring sticks to go with it, even. It'll cover everyone in my family (the ones I live with won't get mugs since we have them, but there will be lots of cakes!) One box of cake mix and box of pudding seems to make a lot, so it should work well!!! I have 15-20 of these to make... Whew!!! I bought books for all the nieces and nephews and am making monster stockings/bags to go with them, I think. For my uncle and in-laws I might give a jar of KFC chicken seasoning I mixed up (mix with flour and fry - yum!) I'm so excited! :-D Merry Christmas!!!

I think this is wonderful. I love the fact you are going to add the hot chocolate mix. Wow 15-20 is a lot but how cute will these be with all your little extras!

I am trying to print out recipe cards myself. My one kid sister wants us all to make cookbooks and exchange them. My mom is worried that it will not be a nice gift. I told her sure it will be. I told her to get some recipe cards and just do say 5 with her favorite family recipes. I told her to add them to one of those mini-photo albums like you can get at Michaels for a $1. If she wanted to add something else, add something like a set of measuring spoons or in my case, wooden spoons.

Oh I can tell your excited. Merry Christmas to you as well.

• TXMompreneur
    December 2, 2009 at 1:05 AM

I did some of these for family last year, and they seemed to really enjoy them!  (I covered plastic ice cream tubs--1 gallon size--in cloth, trimmed it with ribbon and made "Lunch Buckets" with baggies of several different mixes in them.)  I can try to find them if you like.  One was called "Cherry Cider Simmer", and it smelled and tasted wonderful!  (It's a hot drink, and amazingly doesn't have anything cherry in it!)

I also included a small recipe book I'd printed out with the recipes I put in the buckets plus some.

• Villanelle83
    December 2, 2009 at 7:57 AM

I'd LOVE to have your recipes!!! That sounds like a wonderful idea, especially for next year!!! It'll be fun saving the ice cream buckets all year... :-D Thanks so much!!! :-D

Handmade Holidays...