Handmade Holidays...

Villanelle83
OH NO!!! HELP PLEASE!!!
December 1, 2009 at 4:20 PM

I had decided to make little kids for everyone in my family using a jar recipe that I found on this website, in this group... I lost the post!!!! I thought I had it saved and I cannot find it anywhere!!! The person that posted had three lints to her Google Documents pages listing hundreds of recipes... The one in particular that I want is the one for little mini cakes that you microwafe in a large teacup!!! I remember that I needed to get cake mix and corresponding pudding, but I need the rest of the recipe to print tags for Christmas!!! I also wanted the hot cocoa mix recipe... Please, if anyone has the link or remembers what part of the group I need to go to, you'll make my Christmas!!! :-D

I haven't told the hubby I lost the link... He's already set on doing this for our gifts for everyone, so please don't let me down ladies!!! Thanks!!!

Replies

• lphill
    by lphill
    December 1, 2009 at 4:25 PM

Quoting Villanelle83:

I had decided to make little kids for everyone in my family ...

Sorry, I just had to reply! Kids for Everyone!!!!

I hope you find the recipie for tham, I do not have it.

• Villanelle83
    December 1, 2009 at 4:30 PM

What in the world was on my mind, I have no idea.... HAHAHAHAHA OH MY!!!

I MEANT to type little KITS...... HAHAHAHAHA  Thanks for the bump, at least...

Please ladies! I know someone out there remembers the links! It was really an awesome collection!!!

• maggie13
    December 1, 2009 at 7:08 PM

I decided to take a look and here is what I found.

Here is the link: http://www.joycesfinecooking.com/Recipes5/cake_in_a_coffee_mug.htm

I hope this is what you were looking for.

• mommie_b515
    December 1, 2009 at 7:29 PM

I guess I'll play Santa =-) Merry Christmas lol

http://www.cafemom.com/group/25285/forums/read/10106742/Gifts_in_a_Jar_Recipes

• Villanelle83
    December 1, 2009 at 8:00 PM

THAT'S IT!!!! THANKS SO MUCH!!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

• maggie13
    December 1, 2009 at 9:53 PM

Quoting Villanelle83:

THAT'S IT!!!! THANKS SO MUCH!!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

I looked through the post and saw the links added in the gift jar 2. I then searched for any cake in a mug. I hope you take pictures of all your gifts. I am thinking this would be a nice gift for a few people my husband works with so it is a win win! Take care and Happy Holidays!

• Villanelle83
    December 1, 2009 at 11:20 PM

Well, money's been tight, so we have done homemade gifts... Two years ago I made tons of cookies, last year was fudge, and this year, I just don't want to MAKE stuff... I bought cute plastic baggies to put it all in, and am going to find some cute large mugs to give with a set... I'm going to put a few cakes, glaze, and toppings into the mugs, along with a few servings of "snowman soup" hot chocolate mix. I bought cute stirring sticks to go with it, even. It'll cover everyone in my family (the ones I live with won't get mugs since we have them, but there will be lots of cakes!) One box of cake mix and box of pudding seems to make a lot, so it should work well!!! I have 15-20 of these to make... Whew!!! I bought books for all the nieces and nephews and am making monster stockings/bags to go with them, I think. For my uncle and in-laws I might give a jar of KFC chicken seasoning I mixed up (mix with flour and fry - yum!) I'm so excited! :-D Merry Christmas!!!

• maggie13
    December 1, 2009 at 11:45 PM

Quoting Villanelle83:

Well, money's been tight, so we have done homemade gifts... Two years ago I made tons of cookies, last year was fudge, and this year, I just don't want to MAKE stuff... I bought cute plastic baggies to put it all in, and am going to find some cute large mugs to give with a set... I'm going to put a few cakes, glaze, and toppings into the mugs, along with a few servings of "snowman soup" hot chocolate mix. I bought cute stirring sticks to go with it, even. It'll cover everyone in my family (the ones I live with won't get mugs since we have them, but there will be lots of cakes!) One box of cake mix and box of pudding seems to make a lot, so it should work well!!! I have 15-20 of these to make... Whew!!! I bought books for all the nieces and nephews and am making monster stockings/bags to go with them, I think. For my uncle and in-laws I might give a jar of KFC chicken seasoning I mixed up (mix with flour and fry - yum!) I'm so excited! :-D Merry Christmas!!!

I think this is wonderful. I love the fact you are going to add the hot chocolate mix. Wow 15-20 is a lot but how cute will these be with all your little extras!

I am trying to print out recipe cards myself. My one kid sister wants us all to make cookbooks and exchange them. My mom is worried that it will not be a nice gift. I told her sure it will be. I told her to get some recipe cards and just do say 5 with her favorite family recipes. I told her to add them to one of those mini-photo albums like you can get at Michaels for a $1. If she wanted to add something else, add something like a set of measuring spoons or in my case, wooden spoons.

Oh I can tell your excited. Merry Christmas to you as well.

• TXMompreneur
    December 2, 2009 at 1:05 AM

I did some of these for family last year, and they seemed to really enjoy them!  (I covered plastic ice cream tubs--1 gallon size--in cloth, trimmed it with ribbon and made "Lunch Buckets" with baggies of several different mixes in them.)  I can try to find them if you like.  One was called "Cherry Cider Simmer", and it smelled and tasted wonderful!  (It's a hot drink, and amazingly doesn't have anything cherry in it!)

I also included a small recipe book I'd printed out with the recipes I put in the buckets plus some.

• Villanelle83
    December 2, 2009 at 7:57 AM

I'd LOVE to have your recipes!!! That sounds like a wonderful idea, especially for next year!!! It'll be fun saving the ice cream buckets all year... :-D Thanks so much!!! :-D

Handmade Holidays...

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN