365 - A Year In Your Life

ndmomof4
Lisa's Life ~ Day by Day
February 21, 2008 at 12:39 AM
Well, it is day one of my life in pics and I am excited to get started. I have a lot going on in my life right now, mainly my husband passed away 2/2/08. I am still trying to work through the loss while being mom to my 4 kids, it isn't easy and I guess more than anything else I need a bit of an escape. I am looking forward to making myself find the beauty around me as I try to deal with my loss.

So here is my first set of pictures....
This was a gift I received today from my sister-in-law, my husband's sister. She has been such an amazing gift to me and the kids and I don't know what we would do without her. The premise of the gift is that you write your hurts in the sand and then use the brush to smooth them away. I told her that I might need a larger box of sand....but this is a start. :)

Replies

• GwenMB
    by GwenMB
    February 21, 2008 at 12:38 PM
    Welcome to our group!  I am so sorry about your husband.  I can't even imagine the pain you are going through right now.  I hope the picture a day can help you heal even a little bit.  I think you have the right idea & focus for it, anyway!  (((hugs)))

I love the idea of writing your hurts in the sand & brushing them away.  Very good idea!  Neat pictures.
  • ndmomof4
    February 22, 2008 at 12:27 AM
    This is a picture of Caitlyn who was exhausted from watching us running around getting the house clean for tomorrow. Saturday the 23rd would have been my husband's 50th birthday. In celebration of his life there is going to be a benefit lunch, silent auction, dinner and dance. I truely believe that my husband's spirit is working hard to bring us so many wonderful people who have been wanting to help us. I received a call yesterday that a local news station wanted to do a feature on our family to help get the news out about the benefit. So they will be here tomorrow morning and if you have read my journal at all you know that I have been stressed because I haven't felt very motivated to do much of anything much less clean my house but thanks to help from my sister and the girls we got it all done.

So...back to the picture...Caitlyn didn't do much to help but to see her sleeping you would think she did it all herself! In the background you can see one of the picture boards that we had displayed at John's funeral, I haven't taken them apart yet because I wanted to display them at the benefit. If you look at the board you can see a picture of John and Caitlyn taking a nap together, that was something they have done every Sunday since she was born. Seeing her in that spot made me sad because I could picture her and her dad snuggled up taking a cat nap together.

A memory board for my husband who passed away 2/2/08

PS Thank you Gwen for the warm welcome, I am looking forward to being part of this group. :)
  • ndmomof4
    February 23, 2008 at 10:28 AM

Yesterday was a very busy, hectic day so I didn't have a chance to post my picture, but here is one that I took:

This picture is one of John in his Army uniform and the flag is the one that I received at his burial. John was so proud of being in the service and was a very patriotic person. He wasn't one for politics but when it came to our troops he was completely behind them and every Thanksgiving and Christmas Day he would have a special toast in honor of all of those who had fallen while serving our country.

• ndmomof4
    February 25, 2008 at 12:14 AM
    Yesterday was a very long day. It would have been my husband's 50th birthday. In honor of his birthday there was a benefit that kept me busy from 11am to midnight. I am so very thankful for all of the work that went into this and I am overwhelmed by the response and outpouring of support and at the same time I am still just numb because it was yet another page turned on my life with John. This is the last event that for me finalizes the end of our life together, it was another goodbye and a very hard one because for everyone else it was a fun party (which is what it was supposed to be) but for me it was just a sad ending because I should have been celebrating his birthday with him, not standing off to the side feeling as if I weren't really there. Anyway, pictures were taken yesterday and so I will just post a few for yesterday and today because I don't have the energy to take pictures today.

Balloons launched (with notes to John attached) in honor of John's 50th birthday

Caitlyn finding something very funny at the benefit luncheon at our church

Caitlyn having fun dancing with all of the kids at the benefit dinner/dance
  • GwenMB
    by GwenMB
    February 25, 2008 at 6:01 PM
    Very nice pictures, Lisa.  I love the contrast of the balloons against the blue sky.  Caitlyn is adorable, what a sweet girl.  :)  I'm sorry the benefit was so emotionally exhausting for you, I can only imagine how difficult that was.  It looks like you have a supportive group of family & friends, I hope they continue to be there for you!
  • celticreverie
    February 25, 2008 at 6:49 PM
    very good pictures. the sand idea was avery nice one. the balloons look amazing and your daughter is beautiful.

i just joined the group. I am so sorry for your loss. :( I am sending you lots of virtual hugs, and to your family!
  • ndmomof4
    February 25, 2008 at 8:55 PM

Today was Monday...need I say more? Since my husband passed away I have been asking for a punching bag to get some of my anger out....I finally got one thanks to my stepson JR and his girlfriend Deanna. I can't wait for the kids to go to bed so that I can go out and give it a try!

Thanks for the punching bag JR!

Marshal (my other stepson) making sure the bag is secure

My daughter Danielle and JR checking out my new toy.

• celticreverie
    February 26, 2008 at 10:48 AM
    punching bag sounds fun! that was nice of them.
  • UnAutre
    by UnAutre
    February 26, 2008 at 1:25 PM
    Thank you for joining our little group and sharing your photos.  I think it is immensely brave of you to post this "photo-journal" of sorts of how you are coping with a profound loss and trying to go on with your life and kids.  I think John was very lucky to have you in his life and his memory is being honored in a positive, loving way. 
  • ndmomof4
    May 27, 2008 at 9:18 AM
    Well, in the typical way of life, when things are going bad they just keep getting worse. I am trying to focus on the good, not the bad so I don't want to go on about them but one of the things that went wrong is that my computer broke down shortly after my last post. I was finally able to get a new one so I am hoping to get back to posting my pictures because I really missed doing so. Thank you all for all of the kind words and caring thoughts, they are very much appreciated.

So to get back on track here are pictures that I took yesterday for Memorial Day. This was my first visit to the cemetery since the funeral. It was a sad day but I didn't really feel as if we had a "visit" because it was so cold we didn't stay very long. It was very moving to be there for Memorial Day and to see all of the flags. John's military marker wasn't in place yet but hopefully that will be set soon. Also the grass hasn't grown in yet so I felt bad that his site was "bare".

So anyway, here are the pictures from yesterday and I will post today's picture later today.

365 - A Year In Your Life

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts