Moms Who Are Smokers

craftymomx3
taking baby early I need to quit smoking for the baby and me it is really important
June 14, 2010 at 7:12 AM

I went to the doctor over a week ago and she told me I had 4 weeks to quit. they are going to have to concider taking the baby when the lungs are developed due to my last pregnacy with sissy and how I ruptured, and then I have already tore over a mth ago and just now got off of bed rest.

she told me smoking would weaken and thin my placenta and it is already weak.

I live with a chain smoker now. I have been smoking now for 20 years started at 13. I am now smoking around 10 ciggs aday was at 6 before I moved in here.  she smokes in her room but still.

I want to chat and talk with others who are trying to quit. I don't want to use anything. my doctor said i could try the gum as long as I quit that too by 4 weeks. i really now have only 3 weeks. not doing good. will try harder this week.

Replies

• Sandrathechka
    October 10, 2011 at 8:01 PM
    I'm trying to quit too and not doing very good..I'm 14 weeks and my bf chain smokes..it's soooo hard and the gum is expensive iv tried the patch b4 no luck so I'm reluctant to try the gum I'm down to 6 cigs a day from 20-30 so I'm almost there it just gets hard when stressful things com up though you know?
  • mamma2B666
    November 10, 2011 at 12:16 PM

Good luck on quiting!!

Its soo hard... i will admit i couldnt do it unfortunetly. But it looks like you have to. Talk with whoever you live with and let them know the importance of you quiting.

Also, i dont know the answer to this maybe you could ask your Dr. but those smokless ciggarettes that you always see comercials for .. may help. Its just straight up nicotine and water vapor.. i think that seems safer then regular cigs and may help you ween off them easier... just a thought.

Moms Who Are Smokers

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts