Trying To Conceive A Girl!

mrscass0416
hardcore swaying?
April 22, 2013 at 1:09 PM

So dh and I have decided that we will start trying at the end of this year. November December time frame. Reason being (for me he knows nothing about my attempt to sway for a girl) according to the chinese calendar those will be my months if I want a girl . I may start doing SOME diet changes because that couldn't hurt and watching O. I will start the diet changes in August, at least thats my plan. However I am not for hardcore swaying. Following things for years and etc I think that is a way to set myself up for disappointment. I will however pray like there is no tomorrow! Any advice tips or etc would be appreciated. 

TIA!!! Now counting down lol 

Replies

• PeaceMuch
    April 22, 2013 at 1:45 PM

I am not hardcore swaying either. I am just doing what works for me. Best of luck to you!

• mrscass0416
    April 22, 2013 at 2:12 PM

Are you already ttc? Are you trying particular things? Good luck to you :-)

Quoting PeaceMuch:

I am not hardcore swaying either. I am just doing what works for me. Best of luck to you!

• PeaceMuch
    April 22, 2013 at 2:28 PM

Yes we are. I am taking cranberry supplements, prenatal vitamins, I have upped my calcium intake daily, I avoid salty foods, I don't eat as much red meat(I couldn't cut it completely. LOL), I eat a lot of the girl diet foods, my husband takes a hot shower before we have sex,I use sylk lube, sallow penetration/no orgasm and we are using the cut off method. My MIL has also told me to write the universe to ask specifically for a baby girl and I also "talk" to my mom who passed about helping me get a girl. And of course I pray about it. Please don't think I am crazy! LOL I think the best advice I got is to want another child no matter what the sex and we do. I wouldn't be upset if it was a boy I just really want a girl after having two boys. And we thought what is the harm in trying these methods. haha
    Thank you! <3

Quoting mrscass0416:

Quoting PeaceMuch:

• mrscass0416
    April 22, 2013 at 3:24 PM

awww well pink baby dust to you! I don't blame you and I understand we have two boys as well! At first I didn't want a little girl but I have since changed my mind and I pray about it all the time eventhough we aren't trying yet lol. I hope for a healthy happy baby first and foremost which I do think is important. :-) Thanks for sharing :-) keep me updated and let me know if you get your GIRL :-)

Quoting PeaceMuch:

Yes we are. I am taking cranberry supplements, prenatal vitamins, I have upped my calcium intake daily, I avoid salty foods, I don't eat as much red meat(I couldn't cut it completely. LOL), I eat a lot of the girl diet foods, my husband takes a hot shower before we have sex,I use sylk lube, sallow penetration/no orgasm and we are using the cut off method. My MIL has also told me to write the universe to ask specifically for a baby girl and I also "talk" to my mom who passed about helping me get a girl. And of course I pray about it. Please don't think I am crazy! LOL I think the best advice I got is to want another child no matter what the sex and we do. I wouldn't be upset if it was a boy I just really want a girl after having two boys. And we thought what is the harm in trying these methods. haha
    Thank you! <3

Quoting mrscass0416:

Quoting PeaceMuch:

• PeaceMuch
    April 22, 2013 at 3:26 PM
    Thank you so much! I will keep the group updated for sure. :)

Quoting mrscass0416:

awww well pink baby dust to you! I don't blame you and I understand we have two boys as well! At first I didn't want a little girl but I have since changed my mind and I pray about it all the time eventhough we aren't trying yet lol. I hope for a healthy happy baby first and foremost which I do think is important. :-) Thanks for sharing :-) keep me updated and let me know if you get your GIRL :-)

Quoting PeaceMuch:

Thank you! <3

Quoting mrscass0416:

Quoting PeaceMuch:

• Kaybean
    by Kaybean
    April 24, 2013 at 3:08 PM
    I am so excited to see you in this group, lol. Amazing how someone can have a change of heart. We are planning to sway pretty hard. We had our first attempt on Easter and I got my BFP at 10 DPO, but sadly, it ended as a chemical pregnancy so we will be TTC again next month. We decided to skip this month to give us both a chance to up our supplement intake. We did TBM (turkey baster method). We BD but he released into a cup and then I added lime to it, one drop at a time to bring the pH down to a 4.17 (you want it between 4-4.5), then inserted it and then 40 min later, I inserted a lime soaked tampon for 3 hours and it kept my pH down to a 3.85 for 3 freakin days, lol. You want your vagina at 4-4.5 because anything less than 4 usually kills sperm so I think I was nearly too low but still got pregnant. I think it may be because I didn't get that low until 40 min later. It takes 4 hours for sperm to meet the egg so you really wanna keep pH down for awhile. We also did O+12 method and I did jump and dump. After I put his sample inside me, I stood up and let some leak out (TMI) to allow a lower sperm count. We also had sex every single day for over a week to make sure his sperm count was LOW and then we both took hot showers right before the attempt. The supplements we used were: Him- Licorice root, folic acid. Me- Vitamin E which prevents miscarriage, Vitamin B6 which prevents miscarriage and also raises progesterone, folic acid and I have recently added in B12 which just makes folic acid work better. I might add in cranberry but haven't decided yet. During our attempt, I also strictly ate only girl approved foods and drank lots of Crystal Light with aspartame.
  • mrscass0416
    April 24, 2013 at 3:49 PM

Oh wow lol. I know I can't do anything related to the dh doing stuff because he doesn't know and if he did he wouldn't approve, 9 times out of 10. That is interesting though. Good luck!!!

Quoting Kaybean:

I am so excited to see you in this group, lol. Amazing how someone can have a change of heart. We are planning to sway pretty hard. We had our first attempt on Easter and I got my BFP at 10 DPO, but sadly, it ended as a chemical pregnancy so we will be TTC again next month. We decided to skip this month to give us both a chance to up our supplement intake. We did TBM (turkey baster method). We BD but he released into a cup and then I added lime to it, one drop at a time to bring the pH down to a 4.17 (you want it between 4-4.5), then inserted it and then 40 min later, I inserted a lime soaked tampon for 3 hours and it kept my pH down to a 3.85 for 3 freakin days, lol. You want your vagina at 4-4.5 because anything less than 4 usually kills sperm so I think I was nearly too low but still got pregnant. I think it may be because I didn't get that low until 40 min later. It takes 4 hours for sperm to meet the egg so you really wanna keep pH down for awhile. We also did O+12 method and I did jump and dump. After I put his sample inside me, I stood up and let some leak out (TMI) to allow a lower sperm count. We also had sex every single day for over a week to make sure his sperm count was LOW and then we both took hot showers right before the attempt. The supplements we used were: Him- Licorice root, folic acid. Me- Vitamin E which prevents miscarriage, Vitamin B6 which prevents miscarriage and also raises progesterone, folic acid and I have recently added in B12 which just makes folic acid work better. I might add in cranberry but haven't decided yet. During our attempt, I also strictly ate only girl approved foods and drank lots of Crystal Light with aspartame.

• Kaybean
    by Kaybean
    April 24, 2013 at 4:04 PM
    If you are swaying on your own (which you aren't the first..many men think it's weird or that it doesn't work), then you can at least check your pH and add lime to your vagina. You just buy regular tampons and soak it in it's plastic in a cup of lime/distilled water. You get a cup of distilled water at 98-99° and then add lime a drop at a time until it reaches a pH of 2 and then soak the tampon in it for 10 min and then insert inside you for up to 8 hours. If you wanted to go that route, I would buy a pH meter off of eBay.

Quoting mrscass0416:

Oh wow lol. I know I can't do anything related to the dh doing stuff because he doesn't know and if he did he wouldn't approve, 9 times out of 10. That is interesting though. Good luck!!!

Quoting Kaybean:

• mrscass0416
    April 24, 2013 at 4:07 PM

thanks!! This answers one of my many questions lol

Quoting Kaybean:

If you are swaying on your own (which you aren't the first..many men think it's weird or that it doesn't work), then you can at least check your pH and add lime to your vagina. You just buy regular tampons and soak it in it's plastic in a cup of lime/distilled water. You get a cup of distilled water at 98-99° and then add lime a drop at a time until it reaches a pH of 2 and then soak the tampon in it for 10 min and then insert inside you for up to 8 hours. If you wanted to go that route, I would buy a pH meter off of eBay.

Quoting mrscass0416:

Quoting Kaybean:

Trying To Conceive A Girl!