Trying To Conceive A Girl!

lindsey_25
New Theory to Sway for a Girl
January 6, 2013 at 2:48 PM

I just read on fertilityfriend.com that there is theory to sway for a girl where you BD everyday from when AF ends until after O.  The theory is that the frequent release of sperm ends up favoring girls and I assume also that the number of girl sperm left when O occurs will be more that the number of boy sperm that will die off.

What do you guys think of this?

Replies

• LindyLee29
    January 7, 2013 at 7:16 PM
    Hmmm sounds good. I would try.
  • Jen4boys06
    January 18, 2013 at 6:45 PM

thats what a friend of mine did and they got their 2nd girl.  They were hoping for a boy though :)

• _skittles_
    March 7, 2013 at 2:53 AM
    Complete opposite for me! dh and I were frequent daily sometimes multiple times a day and had a boy. We then had 2 girls and had infrequent sex (my libedo really dropped after having our first baby lol)
  • PeaceMuch
    March 13, 2013 at 1:31 PM
    When we tried for our boys we had sex everyday multiple times..so Idk about that theory...we weren't swaying for a certain gender just trying to get pregnant.
  • Stephanie3804
    March 19, 2013 at 12:33 PM

I had sex everyday leading up to ovulation and skipped ovulation day and did the 12+O this time and got my girl. With my oldest son, I had sex once on ovulation and with my 2nd son, we did the deed every other day. I also took some supplements and used sylk lubricant this time to help sway for a girl.

• mrscass0416
    March 28, 2013 at 3:08 PM

I have new to the group and I have been reading up on both for years now because it intrigues me. But from my understanding frequent release favors boys because the y sperm swim faster and the die off faster. But the x sperm live longer and move at a slower more steady rate. Slow an dsteady wins the race, if you keep putting semen in there that  move fast then it won't happen. I hope that makes sense. If not let me know and I will try to find the links again

• mom3bc
    by mom3bc
    April 4, 2013 at 9:38 PM

that alot of bd'ing

• Kaybean
    by Kaybean
    April 5, 2013 at 1:05 PM

Yep, I knew that and we did frequent release for our first attempt which was this past Sun. For a girl, you either want frequent release where you BD every day for at least 7 days, OR abstain and DH/SO has NO release for 7-14 days. Both cause low sperm count, which favors girls. In-Gender.com talks all about it. They say abstaining has a higher success rate, but neither of us are willing to go days without sex so we chose FR. I was actually able to put a small drop of DH's sample under our microscope and could see his sperm count was nice and low.

• RyansMommie07
    April 5, 2013 at 9:11 PM

we tried different things 3 different times, and we got 3 boys.  (o+12, hot showers, girl diet, no o for me, acidic ph, and shallow penetration) i gave up and got my tubes tied. :(   maybe one day we will adopt

• mrscass0416
    May 22, 2013 at 2:54 PM

oh ignore that comment lol. I have been doing alot of research. Try www.genderdreaming.com  answers to all the questions you can think of :-)

Trying To Conceive A Girl!

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN