Celebrations & Holidays

katiebug49
Mad Science Candy Buffet
January 20, 2011 at 12:00 PM

I am having a brain freeze can't think of science related candy other than pop rocks, and rock candy, and mentos of course. Help ladies! Please!

Replies

• NoahsMom1215
    January 20, 2011 at 12:26 PM

I would use all kinds of candies and to make the science related use some beakers as your containers and do a couple with dry ice to really make the table look like a scientist lab.

• katiebug49
    January 20, 2011 at 12:33 PM

I have some vases that look like beakers, and we are using the vinyl cutter to put numbers on them to make them look like beakers. I planned on getting dry ice for them, and his volcano cake too. I am mostly trying to think of candy that could be considered science... or even within the color theme... bright orange, lime green, and agua. 

My son's name is Noah too. =) 

Quoting NoahsMom1215:

I would use all kinds of candies and to make the science related use some beakers as your containers and do a couple with dry ice to really make the table look like a scientist lab.

• tyesmommy
    January 20, 2011 at 2:52 PM

ROCK CANDY, SOME TYPE OF SLIMIE CANDY, IF YOU GO TO ORIENTAL TRADING THEY SHOULD HAVE THEIR HALLOWEEN STUFF ON SALE

http://www.orientaltrading.com/ui/search/processRequest.do?Ntt=mad+scientist&requestURI=searchMain&Ntk=all&Ntx=mode%2Bmatchallpartial&N=0

• mamamisty249
    January 20, 2011 at 9:54 PM

Maybe Razzles (they're a candy AND a gum ;-)), the party colored jelly belly's, war heads, and I found this website that has all kinds of.....strange.....stuff!  LOL

http://www.candywarehouse.com/extremecandy.html?page=1

• auroragold
    January 20, 2011 at 10:54 PM

I'm gonna send Kandice in here. Maybe she'll posts pictures of the FANTASTIC  Mad Scientist party she recently threw for her DS!

• kmrtigger
    January 20, 2011 at 11:45 PM

Ouch! Let go of my ear Michelle!

Okay, I am here, lol.

In Oct. I threw a Mad Scientist party for my boys for their birthday party. We got lucky and hit the Halloween sale for candy. And we got creeepy candy. If you look online you can find a ton of creepy looking, yet yummy treats for the buffet.

Gummy worms, gummy bats, spiders,ears, eyeballs, etc.

Here are some pictures....

Those are a heart, skull heart and a few brains. Giant marshmallow candy. Got theses on clearance. We added chocolate eyeball candy to the skull.  Those green things in the back that look like a finger are martini Frankenstein finger stirrers.

Those are gummy bats and spiders. And in the bowl to the left is fingers, toes, ears, eyes, etc. gummy candy. And I tossed in a few bags of chocolate eyeball candy. The big black tote is hugs drinks. The beakers are gummy candy in a candy syrup. Got a ton of those in the clearance after Halloween sale. We had a bunch.

Cupcakes were in a silver foil cup.

And here are more random pictures.....

Those green orange and purple containers are more marshmallow candy I bought for decorations. The top shelf above books is olives, more gummy beakers and a beakers of colored water full of bouncy balls that kinda look like eyes.

Got the mini vases at a goodwill and filled with colored water. Big skull is a Halloween mask from my son. Random rocks from their vacations w/ g-pa in another vase.

• kmrtigger
    January 20, 2011 at 11:50 PM

More random decorations and experiment stations....can be found here. As well as the games, etc.

Sorry my browsing in loading slowly.

• kmrtigger
    January 20, 2011 at 11:53 PM

So I had been searching for some cool candy for the Surprise Mad Scientist party we are did for the kids. And I came to this candy site and they have this....

It's candy! Packaged in sterile urine sample containers, this sour liquid candy won't cause stage fright at the doctor's office. Just unscrew the cap and enjoy! Wait until people see you drinking your own pee pee sample.... you've never had so much fun with a medical container.

Choose between 2 packages: All Yellow or Assorted Colors.
    The assortment includes 5 fabulous colors and flavors:
    Yellow - Lemonade
    Blue - Fruit Punch
    Purple - Grape
    Green - Green Apple
    Red - Cherry

Ummm EWWW!

Here is the candy site: http://store.candywarehouse.com/towerofsour.html

• kmrtigger
    January 20, 2011 at 11:59 PM

And here are some cake ideas or rather cupcakes.

• katiebug49
    January 21, 2011 at 2:20 AM

Thanks soooo sooo much for all the help! I will check out those sites, and thanks for the photos. I will have to try to remember to post some photos after the party. 

Celebrations & Holidays

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN