Celebrations & Holidays

crysjuls
super mario bros. party!
December 1, 2010 at 2:47 PM
My son will be 6 in january and he wants a super mario theme. I usually make the invites, decorations, and goodie bags myself. I had a baby 6months ago, so ugh I'm having trouble of thinking up ideas for his bday. My mind has been on baby! Lol help, please!

Oh and btw, my fil (who was julian's favorite grandparent) passed away in june. :( so this will be his 1st bday without his grandpa, so I wanted to make this extra special for him. Thanx in advance for the ideas! :)

Replies

• danielsmommy2b
    December 1, 2010 at 3:04 PM

I so know how you feel! My little one is 4 months old and I'm SOOO behind! My oldest wanted Super Mario party in August, but I was having pregnancy complications... so with a newborn we settled for Power Rangers!

Anyway, I found some inspirational sites with photos :)

http://twokidsandaparty.blogspot.com/2010/07/parties-from-past-super-mario.html

http://greygreydesigns.blogspot.com/2010/11/super-mario-party.html

• crysjuls
    December 1, 2010 at 5:39 PM
    Aww those are awesome!!! Thanx! :)
  • kmrtigger
    December 1, 2010 at 6:28 PM
  • kmrtigger
    December 1, 2010 at 6:54 PM

and

This one is a site with some ideas.

Another picture, this is and invite.

A center piece idea or decorations for the room.

Another one full of ideas.

More homemade ideas.

A semi simple cake

Party supplies

Homemade goodie bag idea.

More cute ideas.

Simple cupcakes

Pinata

More ideas and a few games here.

TONS of cake/cupcake ideas.

And my last link of ideas.

• kmrtigger
    December 1, 2010 at 6:58 PM

A game...

The Obstacle Course
    The Super Mario Bros. games are all about obstacle courses, so let the kids go through an obstacle course with a member from each team racing each other. Have them jump boxes, go through tubes and such to get to the finish line. After each child has raced, you can add up all the times and see what team won. Then, you give the winning team something big, and the losing team something big as well for trying so hard. That way everyone feels like they won something. It could be a gift bag, or even a small trophy. The choice is yours.

• kmrtigger
    December 1, 2010 at 7:01 PM

Games

• Games are called "levels" during the party, and progress from easiest to hardest.
    Designate a target of poster board, a hula hoop or another person. Give players red foam balls deemed "fireballs" that they must bounce to hit the target.

Place plastic coins inside primary-colored balloons before blowing them up and tying them. In a relay race, each child has to smash a balloon by sitting on it, stepping on it or smashing it to get to the coins.

Tape poster board squares of varying colors to the floor. Children have to hop from one to the other to get across the "lava."

For a more elaborate party, consider renting a bouncy house and calling it, "Bowser's Castle."

Place coins inside plastic Easter eggs before hiding them, and hold a "Yoshi's Egg Hunt."

Use a star, flag or Mario pinata for the final level.

• Read more: Mario Brothers Birthday Party Ideas | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/list_5985137_mario-brothers-birthday-party-ideas.html#ixzz16uLnmNWG
  • crysjuls
    December 1, 2010 at 7:10 PM
    Oooo thank you so much for those!!! I'll def use some of those! :)
  • luvlavender
    December 2, 2010 at 5:01 PM

Here's one more link for your party ideas:

Mario Brothers Party

• PipPipHooray
    January 2, 2012 at 5:32 PM

I just thought I'd add this for anyone searching for Mario Bros Party Ideas.

I created this web page with all the best Mario Bros Party Ideas I could find including heaps of freebies, printables and DIY ideas!  I hope it's very helpful to many parents out there.

http://www.squidoo.com/mario-bros-party

cheers :)

• Celebrations & Holidays