Celebrations & Holidays

chrarrington18
I need some help with a toy story party
June 24, 2010 at 11:10 PM

Ok for some this might seem far off but for me its too clse. I was originally going to give my son a chuck cheese party but he really doesnt want it anymore. He has been begging for a toy story party. So im going to give in and give him one. His birthday is in October but I alway plan way inadvance. I need ideas for games, decorations and things along that line. My so is the only one with a real paycheck, as Im only getting unemployment ( very little ). I looked up things online and everything I would normally get for a party is going to cause me over 200.  Please help. I willl be planning a party for my daughter shortly after this....

Replies

• iansusie
    June 25, 2010 at 12:11 AM

Go to http://family.go.com/disney/pkg-disney-parties-and-holidays/article-888473-disney-toy-story-party-t/ I think you can use a lot of their ideas and they should not be to expensive, mostly ink and paper and you will have some great crafts for the kiddos to make  like the 3d buzz http://family.go.com/disney/pkg-disney-printables/article-780289-disney-pixar-printable-toy-story-3d-buzz-t/ and 3D alien guy... here are more ideas  http://kidsfunreviewed.com/toy-story-3-party-food-and-crafts/ Also Dollar tree has water guns and other Toy Story 3 stuff like water bomb and water Frisbees, sand molds and goggles... Walmart had $2 individual size popcorn containers (could be the party favor, I would have so used them if I had not already gotten the Halloween pails for my son's birthday in December) and a box of 10 stick n dip thing. So yeah, I think I started quite Early but I was going to do the Toy Story Party for my son that will be 3 next week but my 5yr old whined and I said fine, I'll do Mickey for Jack next month and TS for Ian in December 

• chrarrington18
    June 25, 2010 at 7:23 AM

Thanks....I wish I had a dollar tree by me...I wonder if they have a web site. After the end of the year ceeremony I go look on these other site to see what I can do. I usually plan way in advance. Im already starting my dd's party in feb. I was so happy when he said he wanted a cc party. No set up, or clean up for me. Just show up and pay.

Quoting iansusie:

Go to http://family.go.com/disney/pkg-disney-parties-and-holidays/article-888473-disney-toy-story-party-t/ I think you can use a lot of their ideas and they should not be to expensive, mostly ink and paper and you will have some great crafts for the kiddos to make  like the 3d buzz http://family.go.com/disney/pkg-disney-printables/article-780289-disney-pixar-printable-toy-story-3d-buzz-t/ and 3D alien guy... here are more ideas  http://kidsfunreviewed.com/toy-story-3-party-food-and-crafts/ Also Dollar tree has water guns and other Toy Story 3 stuff like water bomb and water Frisbees, sand molds and goggles... Walmart had $2 individual size popcorn containers (could be the party favor, I would have so used them if I had not already gotten the Halloween pails for my son's birthday in December) and a box of 10 stick n dip thing. So yeah, I think I started quite Early but I was going to do the Toy Story Party for my son that will be 3 next week but my 5yr old whined and I said fine, I'll do Mickey for Jack next month and TS for Ian in December 

• ReinsKitten
    June 25, 2010 at 8:49 AM

I got plates, cups, napkins, and a tablecloth at Target for my son's party (in September) a couple weeks ago. And now they have some cute Toy Story things in their dollar bins. I got a couple packs of pencils, and I think they've got some notebooks I'll get next time I'm there. I believe they have stickers too, and dry-erase mini memo boards? I might get some of those too. I'm slowly adding to the "stash", and will be working on it more and more as we get through every one else's birthdays and cakes (that I'm doing). I'm lucky enough to have a Dollar Tree, so I'll be going there too. And I'm sure Walmart has some stuff too. Good Luck!

• iansusie
    June 25, 2010 at 10:45 AM

I believe the dollar tree has a site but unfortunately they do not have any of the things I mentioned listed. 

• iansusie
    June 25, 2010 at 11:06 AM

I would use plain colored plates and cups in green and blue and maybe yellow. As far as favors goes not sure what you usually do but you can buy cheap crayons during back to school sales, maybe some things like bubbles that might be on clearance after 4th of July. Make your own coloring/activity "books". every chance you get buy a little bit, like the OP said try target, I have not been there in at least a month but they did carry toy story stuff a few months back.  Like I said Walmart had a few things. I believe the cups and napkins were $1.50 (if you want to do the themed ones). The had Jello boxes and other stuff all Toy story themed. Also how many kids are you inviting? that way you can decide if you can buy $1 stuff for all or if you need to go cheaper. To be honest I rather a goody bag with a few pieces of candy, a pack of crayons/ play doh and bubbles to one filled with a bunch of little plastic cheap toys. Also if you get the baby food Jars they can make their little rocket globe and the woody Marionette as part of their favor, shouldn't be too pricey.  Oh and walmart has those silly bandz that kids are going crazy for for $4 a pack of 20 for the toy story ones...

• ksmama88
    June 25, 2010 at 12:43 PM

walmart!! they have all kinds of toy story stuff.. they had boxes of gummies for $1 bags of candy bracelets for $1.. the popcorn containers that someone else mentioned for $2.. kraft mac and cheese has toy story shapes, thats wicked cheep, you could buy a few boxes of that to serve.. i believe cheez-its has toy story shapes now too! 

• ksmama88
    June 25, 2010 at 12:45 PM

partyamerica.com has the toy story table ware (plates, cups, napkins, table clothes) 50% off

• xoch86
    by xoch86
    June 25, 2010 at 12:54 PM

why dont u try only doing the cake/kids table with the actual theme, and the rest in coordinating colors? trust me, that right there saves  A LOT of money. and instead of buying pre-made decorations, do print outs/cut out and stuff u can print out on ur comuter for the decor.

i believe party city has a huge sale going on too so u can check to see if they hve anything good.

also a good way to save money is buying things little by little. since the party is in october, that gives u plenty of time to budget a certain amount at every check up until the party. one check order the cake. one check buy the decor. one check but the plates cups, etc.. save the biggest expense, the food, for the check rightbefore the party.. that way ur not overwhelmed.

good luck

• tyesmommy
    June 25, 2010 at 4:02 PM

so i'm mostly only good for party favors.... but some great ideas posted already, if you ahve a walmart near you go there, what state are you in? adn buy a set of their ts stuff, bc it will be gone, ( already started buying for a phineas and ferb party for 2011)

solid colors, balloons, streamers, and a bubble machince......

so on to that party favor

the dollar tree has buckets, pm me on that one

bubbles, some glow sticks, and little army green men and you have yourself some favors, and since they are bucketws in october, kids will go crazy remember their summers.....

• NoahsMom1215
    June 26, 2010 at 8:49 AM

I always check out the dollar store or discount stores first. Also, lately party city has been doing half off on licensed characther party supplies. Sign up for there mailing list to get coupons. You can get a small amount the themed plates and get the rest solid colors. You can problem find a lot of cheap cowboy and space stuff at the dollar store too. Also, check out disney's website because they have party ideas that you can print right off the site. http://disney.go.com/toystory/activities.html

Celebrations & Holidays