are you into renaissance and sca

alexandria2
maturnity clothing for sca
June 6, 2008 at 11:28 AM
is there a store that has clothing for sca women that are having kids. i wanna be able to wear clothing of any era if i can get em in the sca regs and no i can sew to save my butt. lol thanxs for your help and any of you going to the major dinner in indiana unsure when it is but they have a major dinner every yr in indiana

Replies

• Tracys2
    by Tracys2
    June 7, 2008 at 5:29 PM
    I hope somebody answers!

I have asked a couple people (I am a total newbie, dron't even have a persona yet, still researching Asturias in N Spain).

Chatelaine said to just wear big loaner garb for 1st event and I did but it was not satisfying

One person was selling garb at the event (it was a small event and geared at newbies, none of whom had kids with them). She said to just buy a roomy chemise ans wear that a few months. Um... dunno about that.

So I asked a couple of garb laurels and they said to find a style of garb that would be loose in the belly and then you could use it after the pregnancy, too. I guess that's what I will do, if I do anything.

It seems that there should be a lot more evidence of what was worn while expecting, since the recent (early 20th century) mores about hiding pregnancy were not common in period times-- at least, my research seems to show that people were proud of pregnancy-- but not what they wore (grrr)
  • alexandria2
    June 9, 2008 at 3:43 AM
    thabnk you for your reply that was actually helpful i didnt even think of that.
  • Raine2007
    June 9, 2008 at 5:59 PM
    A good style is Italian. they tend to have tight bodice area and lose flowing skirts. I was actually wondering what to wear as well and that is what I have come up with so far.
  • twosweets
    September 12, 2008 at 2:03 PM

http://www.mccallpattern.com/item/M5647.htm??tab=list/costumes&page=all

I would think a dress like this would be perfect for pregnancy :) just in case anyone in the future needs it...

are you into renaissance and sca

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts