The Pilot Widow's Club

HyphenMama
Flight Benefits
September 27, 2007 at 2:11 PM
Do pilots with young families really use all those flight benefits?  Um, we don't.  There was that one time we actually HAD to be somewhere, at a certain time, and we bought tickets.  And that was with one baby in tow. 

I can't imagine trying to lug 2 kiddos along with all that carry-on, through the airport, get there 2 hours ahead (at least) so we can stand in line, have our luggage gone over with a fine-tooth-comb (apparently if you're non-rev flying with a PILOT you are a terror threat???), then sit around the boring concourse....with 2 kids.  I've got to say...even with real tickets in hand, that description doesn't make traveling with kids via airplane sound fun at all!

I guess the only flight benefit we've experienced in the past 4 years--my husband's parents fly for free and that means they get out of here on a regular basis.  That's good enough for me!

What about you?  You flying to Paris for lunch lately?

Replies

• atoddlermom
    September 27, 2007 at 8:16 PM
    Nope. Don't use them. Don't have plans to.

Flying alone with 2 kids under 3 just plain sucks. Especially now with all the security issues. If we could slide by like our spouse's in uniform do, then I might consider it.

OR, if I could travel with my mom or a nanny, I might do something. But alone? NO FREAKING WAY!

The Pilot Widow's Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN