DISNEY!

Cgoyes
Best Disney Parks to visit?
by Cgoyes
September 25, 2012 at 6:38 PM

We are visiting Orlando for fist time, we are going for Halloween, I would like to have some advise about the parks, how to save some $$$$ and what are the most visit rides in Disney World???

Replies

• nova.mommy
    September 25, 2012 at 6:56 PM

I would go in this order MK, Epcot, HS then AK.  But depending on your kids Epcot and AK may switch.  If you can, do two days in MK.  Epcot we usually do in two half days, 1 in Future World and then 1 in World Showcase.  One of the days we do when we get in as after we get settled into our room we want it to be a 'slower' day in the parks.

A money saving tip that worked well for us was getting the dining plan.  Our meals were already paid for and it helped us not overspend on food.  Get prepaid gift cards so you know in advance only 'X' can be spent on souvenirs.  Park Hoppers you may not need(I always get them though in the cases where you want to eat in one park but visit another or you can go to a second park if you finish one early).  The water park option is not needed if you have only small children and not necessary to have a good time.

• AnnaNonamus
    September 25, 2012 at 11:10 PM
    My favorites are Epcot and HS for grown up appeal, but MK is pretty hot on their heels. I think the only reason I don't enjoy MK more, is the sheer number of people. AK was my least favorite, but it was great for the kids, especially if you are not park hopping, as it closes earlier in the day so you have a shorter day.
  • Schleetle
    September 26, 2012 at 6:58 PM
    I don't like AK park personally - the only time we went I was very pregnant, and it was super crowded. Every other time we skipped AK. I love the food at AK lodge so we usually grab food there, and just check out the animals at the savannah instead. My 9 year old boys like HS best, and when my daughter was 2 she liked Epcot best. MK is of course 100% Disney, but seems to be the most crowded so it can get a bit overwhelming. If you make a good plan for MK it is a lot of fun.
  • Refurbished
    September 26, 2012 at 10:29 PM

It really depends on your kids.  What are your kids ages?

• dfollin
    by dfollin
    September 27, 2012 at 6:56 AM
    We liked MK,EP,HS then AK.If you have kids or if you want to get character autograph's get the autograph book first.Available at most gift shops anywhere.But be sure to bring your own cheap pens.I forgot anded up spending $5 on a pen! When you go to EP be sure to go early to avoid the long line at that big dome thing (forgot what it's called).In HS and AK is a place where the kids can get autographs from about 5 characters,long line though,but worth it.You can take pics plus Photo Pass photographers are there.When you go to the back part of Epcot is,its called World Showcase(if I remember correctly) and first get the Kidcot Passports for each kid(or kid at heart ;) ).At each country go to a Kidcot place and get it stamped and names written in that language.Also at MK there are 2 places to go to to stand in line to get a lot of autographs.There are characters in various places.We went on a few small rides.We are not much on rides,so can't help you there.Have fun!
  • Cgoyes
    by Cgoyes
    September 29, 2012 at 11:07 PM
    Thank everyone, all of you have provide with lots of special info to take in consideration. My child is 4 so I guess the first think yo do would be to visit the princess, she wants to try the water park, she is not a good swimmer at all but I guess there are small pools and slides for the little ones, any one has an advice for that park.
  • RMT1995
    by RMT1995
    September 30, 2012 at 9:06 PM

Quoting Cgoyes:

Thank everyone, all of you have provide with lots of special info to take in consideration. My child is 4 so I guess the first think yo do would be to visit the princess, she wants to try the water park, she is not a good swimmer at all but I guess there are small pools and slides for the little ones, any one has an advice for that park.

My daughter was 4 last time we went, Magic Kingdom is a definite. And if she loves princesses, go to Epcot and do the Akershus character meal, she can meet ALL of the princesses at once. We always skip the water parks so I can't comment on them .. we have one near home that we go to each summer so we like to spend our time and money there on stuff we can't do back home.

• Cgoyes
    by Cgoyes
    October 11, 2012 at 10:39 AM
    Any idea? I am not sure if I should buy the tickets for the parks at the parks or online, which is more convenient?
    Anyone has experience how is the Halloween weather in Orlando?
    And also what to pack? Is it convenient to shop for clothing there? We are from NY, we do not want to over pack.
  • patnic
    by patnic
    October 11, 2012 at 10:43 AM

I would go to touringplans.com and find a plan that fits your family.  They have routes in each park that can maximize ride time and decrease wait time.

• Cgoyes
    by Cgoyes
    October 11, 2012 at 9:19 PM
    Thanks I'll try that! very helpful 👍

DISNEY!