Mom's with Fibromyalgia, MS, or Chronic Fatigue

Does the weather bother you
January 9, 2008 at 11:10 AM
It is winter now and my fibro is acting up. I use to love the cold weather but now with the cold and rain  I am hurting. Does the weather bother anyone else with Fibro?

• celticfaerie995
    February 15, 2008 at 3:51 PM
    The weather bothers me.  Seems like when it is cold or rainy, my entire body tenses up.  Muscle relaxers don't seem to do much.  Spring will be here soon...I hope.
  • jbandp2
    by jbandp2
    June 7, 2008 at 7:15 PM
    Oh yes!  The weather always bothers me.  I live in Florida and whenever it gets ready to rain, I start to hurt.  It is really awful if we are fising to get a hurricane!  Thank goodness we haven't had one of those big storms in awhile!  Once the rain starts, the pain seems to ease up.  And the medications that I take (Ultram and Cymbalta) don't seem to have any effect on this weather pain at all.
    I understand from my research that FMS used to be known as 'rhuematism' and people with the 'rheumatism' were good predictors of the weather!  LOL.  Maybe there is a new career there somewhere!  LOL
  • flutterby.16
    June 9, 2008 at 4:47 AM
    My sister also lives in FL. and feels the effects of the weather too. I am 67 and she is 50..  She was on Percoet.     Ultrum did nothing for me. I am on Cymbalta, Vicodin and Zanaflex for the pain. My husband does most of the driving. If  I have to go somewhere I can't take the Lyricia or the Zanaflex until I get home. Sort of limits how often you can go somewhere.
    I am getting electric shock treatments today on the sciaticia pain. I hope it  by some miracle tht it also helps The Fibro.

• flutterby.16
    June 9, 2008 at 4:48 AM

What med do you take for a muscle relaxer?

• flutterby.16
    June 18, 2008 at 3:01 PM
    Hi,  I use to take Ultrum but it didn't help me at all.  I use to live in FL. and my siblings live there now and also my son.  I had one bad episode when I was visiting my sister. I needed an epidural but the hospital in Tampa would not give me one. I could not walk. I couldn't wait to get  home to my doctor.

I am now on Cymbalta, Zanaflex, Ibuprofen 800 MG 4 times a day, Vicodin, and Xanax for the pain.  I have a high tolerance to the meds and what one person can tolerate is not strong enough to work for me. My sister has a low tolerance to meds and her med strengths are lower than mine. 
    she also has Fibro. What works for her does not work for me when it comes to the name of the med.

I feel like a pharmacy but it is helping. However I also have an injured sciatica nerve and that is why I get epidurals.  I am going for a shot in my hip tomorrow.

I am also diabetic.

The down side of the meds is I want to sleep so much. But if I get the shots I don't have to take so much of the meds. It is a crazy disease.

If I have to drive to the doctor's I don't take the pain meds. I don't want to cause an accident and hurt someone. My husband takes me most of the time now.

The cold and if it rains gives me pain and so does stress. Oh and if I sit too long at the computer I get pain. Does anyone else have this problem?

Blessings to all and prayers to be free of pain,

Mom's with Fibromyalgia, MS, or Chronic Fatigue

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts