Mom's with Fibromyalgia, MS, or Chronic Fatigue

RyleeBsmommy
New Fibro Med
December 7, 2007 at 8:59 AM
It's called Lyrica. Anyone heard of it?

Replies

• flutterby.16
    December 8, 2007 at 2:11 PM
    Yes I have heard of Lyrica. I was in so much pain one day when I went to see my pain doctor. He gave me an Rx. for Lyrica and I got it filled. Now here is the dumb thing I did. Remember I was having brain fog at the time. I put the pills in the cabinet and forgot all abut them! Months later, I found them and forgot what they were for. Instead of calling the doctor (from embarrassment) I threw the pills away!!!!! Well next time after that when I saw the doctor, he asked me if they were helping my pain! I know he thought I was crazy especially after I told him what I did! I asked if he would give me a new Rx. but he didn't, don't know if he doubted my "crazy" episode or not.
    I get epidurals in my sciatica nerve every 3-4 months. I have not been able to keep my last appt. due to having surgery for something else. I am in pan and the Vicodin is not helping very much at all. After the surgery I was on Percocet for a little while and they helped more than the Vicodin. However I don't think I would like to be on it all the time. My sister also has Fibro and she is 16 years younger than me. She is on Percodan now I believe. Are you taking Lyrica? How has it helped you?
    I am so glad you posted this. Hope to hear from you.

Marian

• RyleeBsmommy
    December 8, 2007 at 3:31 PM
    I just started taking it yesterday. I can't tell if it's helping yet. I'm really hoping it does because my doctor doesn't like giving young people ( I'm 19) narcotics so I'm almsot out of mine. I was hoping I could talk ot someone who has been on it.

That's really funny that you forgot about it. It made me laugh Thanks :D
  • flutterby.16
    December 9, 2007 at 11:52 AM
    I am glad you had a good laugh. I do things like that all the time. But I would like to try the Lyrica. Let me know after 3 months if it helped you. I believe it takes 2-3 months to really get in your system on a lot of meds.

Pain Pain Go Away!

• RyleeBsmommy
    December 11, 2007 at 8:41 AM
    Oh that's very upseting and helpful! My pain doc took me off marcotics because she shys away form giving them to 19 year olds. She put me on lyrica for now and I'lll get injections next month I couldnt find out how long it takes for it to work. I'm DIEING in pain. I'm sooo miserable I was trying to last a little longer before calling and telling her but if thats the case I'll be calling her today!
    Quoting flutterby.16:

I am glad you had a good laugh. I do things like that all the time. But I would like to try the Lyrica. Let me know after 3 months if it helped you. I believe it takes 2-3 months to really get in your system on a lot of meds.

Pain Pain Go Away!

• flutterby.16
    February 26, 2008 at 5:35 PM
    Finally, I am now on Lyrica and what a relief.  However; I can tell when it is wearing off.  The pain doctor has stopped giving me epidurals and has started a new treatment. Instead of 1 shot for the sciatica, I get 6 shots in different areas! He said he would do this treatment 1 more time but if it doesn't work, then he will give me electric shock treatment. I sure don't want that! Man it had better work. so far so good.  It has lasted a month.   I believe he said,  it has to last at least 3 months for him to be able to say it is working. Can't remember for sure!

We just have to keep fighting and trying new things.
  • flutterby.16
    February 28, 2008 at 4:36 PM
    The Lyrica is helping me. I also had 6 shots in various area of my back. So between the 2  treatments I am doing so much better.
    Did you go back to your doctor?  If so how are you doing now?

Mom's with Fibromyalgia, MS, or Chronic Fatigue

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts