Natural Birth & Parenting

MiaMcCarter
What are my chances????? (Piog)
July 13, 2008 at 3:40 PM
I was wondering if you can still have a natural birth ioutside a hospitial if you have anemia and an overactive thyroid? Doesn't that make you high risk?

Replies

• EuroMomTX
    July 13, 2008 at 3:53 PM
    In would probably talk to a few midwives in your area and see what they say.
    some might turn you away while others might say no problem and work with you to get those things under control.
  • iamadoula
    July 14, 2008 at 1:37 PM
    It depends on how anemic you are, and your home-birth midwives comfort level.  I had a client that delivered her third baby a couple of days ago.  Luckily for her she went a week over her due date, giving her body time to build a good count.  Her midwife got her on a good regime and she went from too anemic with an unsafe count to a safe zone ???? on the numbers you will again need to consult with a medical professional on this one.  You can however do things to help yourself so it is not an issue.  Midwifes come equipped with iv fluids and pitocin for complications with postpartum hemorrhage, but not getting into the situation in the first place is a great place to be.  This is a good place to start but check with the homebirth midwives in the area on their policies this will give you an absolute.

Natural Birth & Parenting

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN