Natural Birth & Parenting

Tiffatoe
Scared, need encouragement (PIOG)
March 3, 2008 at 4:59 AM
Just got home from hospital, 32wks, and having bleeding. The bleeding has stopped for now, also experiencing crampy feeling, that they said they could see on monitor, but just barely. Sonogram tech noted last wk that he was already heads down, and VERY low. Does this mean he will come early? This is my 4th and all my others were on time or late and all larger 8 1/2 lbs or more. I'm not sure what to do about a preterm baby, I haven't even bought diapers yet. I'm worried, never had this happen before.

Replies

• Naomidoula
    March 3, 2008 at 9:18 AM
    A lot of women have signs of preterm labor well before their bodies are ready to give birth or their babies are ready to be born, but then the babies decide to wait until term to come out. I would say that you should look at your daily habits and diet and see if you should change anything. Do you need to eat or drink more? Do you need to rest more or get more exercise? Maybe changing something like that could help to delay labor.
  • Tiffatoe
    March 3, 2008 at 9:41 AM
    I just go my boys off to school, and the being up and running around made the crampy feeling a little worse, and I'm still bleeding, not as much, but more of a true red. I'm about to call my birth center to set up appointment.
  • wannabeme6
    March 3, 2008 at 9:47 AM
    I had similar problem at around 32 weeks.  I was checked and they said I lost my mucus plug.  The bleeding I had was like what you would have at the end of a period.  Very dark brown and thick.  (This is my 5th and I've never had anything like this happen before)  I was told to take it easy.  No unnecessary activities.  I'm now 34 weeks 6 days and still plugging along. 
    Take care and let us know how you are doing.
  • Tiffatoe
    March 3, 2008 at 10:03 AM
    I bleed a fair amount, not gushing but more than spotting, but I did notice a little thicker consistency to some of the discharge, so I wondered if that might be it. I have big enough babies that I'm not too worried size wise if he comes a little early, he just needs to stay in long enough to be healthy, and hopefully long enough that I can deliver at the Birth center instead of hospital.
    Quoting wannabeme6:

I had similar problem at around 32 weeks. I was checked and they said I lost my mucus plug. The bleeding I had was like what you would have at the end of a period. Very dark brown and thick. (This is my 5th and I've never had anything like this happen before) I was told to take it easy. No unnecessary activities. I'm now 34 weeks 6 days and still plugging along.
    Take care and let us know how you are doing.

Natural Birth & Parenting