Natural Birth & Parenting

Tiffatoe
had sonogram
February 27, 2008 at 1:12 PM
Just got home from my follow-up sonogram, and my placenta has moved up, so no C-section for me, thank goodness. Now I just have to remind myself that labor, though painful, is a wonderful experience and I don't need to fear it. I'm having a little trouble with that right now, I'm afraid the baby will come too fast, I don't want to hurt, but I do know it will be worth everything to hold my newest son in my arms, I'm looking forward to breastfeeding again, I love the connection. Getting close, only 7ish wks to go!!!

Replies

• Naomidoula
    February 27, 2008 at 7:36 PM
    Congrats on the moving placenta! That's wonderful news. As for the fear, you have succeeded in the first step to overcoming it and that is to recognize that it is present. Too many women ignore it and suffer the consequences. Many times in labor, it helps women just to acknowledge that they are fearful and speaking it out loud, and then the symptoms of fear (such as increased pain, or stalled labor) disappear. Here is an article on facing your childbirth fears:

www.associatedcontent.com/article/449215/tocophobia_the_fear_of_childbirth.html

• doulala
    by doulala
    February 27, 2008 at 11:46 PM
    Woo-hoo!!!!!!!

Natural Birth & Parenting

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts