Natural Birth & Parenting

DessieX
Baby Boy Alex is here! (piog)
by DessieX
February 19, 2008 at 10:17 PM
Well, I didn't quite have success in my endeavor.  I had some pain medication administered in my IV three times ( it lasts about a half an hour).  I will admit though, it didn't stop the pain but it stopped me from throwing up so much, which is half the reason I had it administered a few times!
Labor started about 9:00 PM on the 16th, contractions were 30-45 seconds long and five minutes apart, which was very confusing for me at first.  I started bleeding dark red so we headed to the hospital.  Got there at 11, was 5 cm and quite bloody.  By the time 3:00 AM rolled around, our doctor was there and wanted to break my water since I was, at last check, 8 cm.  She went to check me, I was 9 CM and my water just broke on its own.  Suddenly the pain was really bad, and I pushed out that baby to be born at 3:15 AM!  He came out waving!  Oh...and they had to tell me to stop screaming at that point(after water broke), to breath, push, hold my legs, etc...oops!  =)

He was 6 pounds and 9 ounces, 19 inches, and just beautiful.  He was also born without eyes, which is very rare but does happen.  He is an extra special blessing, and he was super alert when born!  He stuck out his tongue alot, and was very cute.  I hope to have pictures soon.

Replies

• doulala
    by doulala
    February 20, 2008 at 12:21 AM
    CONGRATULATIONS!! That's great! :-D
  • MommyEmmy79
    February 20, 2008 at 9:39 AM

Congratulations on your new baby!!! :) Can't wait to see pics!!! (its ok that you used pain meds, you still went without an epi!)

• wannabeme6
    February 20, 2008 at 3:07 PM
    Congratulations on your little bundle.

Natural Birth & Parenting

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts