Natural Birth & Parenting

tabi_cat1023
Placenta pills!!
August 18, 2013 at 7:43 PM
YAY just finished having my pills made by one of our sweet mommas here (lundaylove). I got 175 of them! How many of you have placenta pills? How do you take them? How often, how many etc?

Replies

• JMmama
    by JMmama
    August 18, 2013 at 9:36 PM
    I got mine from the placenta girl here on Monday. I got about 250! I was surprised. I got about 136 from my last baby. Ruht now I'm taking 2 two times a day and will up it to three times a day in a couple of days. I have noticed my energy is better but I mainly have noticed that my moods are better with DH being gone and my birth going like it did I was REALLY weepy which is pretty out of character. The placenta pills have really been helping even me out.
  • rjmac88
    by rjmac88
    August 18, 2013 at 9:54 PM
    I'm making my own. I take 2 pills 3x a day.
  • jmaw89
    by jmaw89
    August 18, 2013 at 10:41 PM

i think i want to have some made this time around. I have no idea how to go about that though. im glad you asked!

• Mammacra
    August 18, 2013 at 10:42 PM

How do u make it?

• Precious333
    August 18, 2013 at 10:44 PM
    Yay! Mine should be done tomorrow :-) not sure how many i will get. I started with three three times a day, then two, then one, then whatever i felt like i needed.
  • Precious333
    August 18, 2013 at 10:46 PM
    Wash, some steam some keep it raw, cut, dehydrate, grind and put them in capsules :)

Quoting Mammacra:

How do u make it?

• GoodyBrook
    August 18, 2013 at 11:29 PM

I had them made from my first birth. We got over 300, which--for the midwife who did them--was a record.

I have over half of them left, 2 years and a second baby later. (Never did do a second batch with the new baby because I have so many).  I just take them once in awhile now, sometimes if I feel like babe is going through a growth spurt and nursing endlessly...  I don't have proof, but I feel they help with my supply.

• SeattleBabyBump
    August 19, 2013 at 5:09 AM
    I got about 160 pills. I was taking 2-3 pills 2-3x a day for the first week and tapered off from there.
  • jconney80
    August 21, 2013 at 12:18 AM
    Nice! That's a lot!

Natural Birth & Parenting

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN