Natural Birth & Parenting

Monkiebut
Diva cup ?'s
July 3, 2013 at 11:48 AM
I'm thinking if getting one but the whole thing kinda grosses me out.
Is it hard to use?
How much blood do you get on your hand when taking it out?
Does it hurt it does it feel like a tamping?
How do you know when you need to clean it?

Replies

• jellyphish
    July 3, 2013 at 12:22 PM
    There's a learning curve, figuring out how it fits in your unique body, but its not hard.

My fingers get a little bloody when putting it in and taking it out, but not much at all.

You can't feel it at all if its in right. It's not drying like a tampon and has actually ruined tampons for me, I can never use one again, because yuck!

I wash mine every time I empty it or put it in.
  • Magnolia7
    July 3, 2013 at 1:20 PM
    I love mine, will never use tampons again! Can't feel it if its in right. I rinse mine whenever I empty it, and wash it out well each day in the shower. Blood has never bothered me, so its hard for me to gauge if it's enough to bother another.
  • notjstanothrmom
    July 3, 2013 at 5:27 PM
    I have a FemmeCup. There are actually a lot of different brands I recommend checking out before settling on the Diva.

I never had a learning curve. I watched insertion videos on YouTube and read a lot. I have always used the C fold. I hear many people have their issues the first month or so though and then it works out by next time. Wear panty liners just in case the first few times.

There is no blood when taking it out. It is from the bottom which hasn't been touched. Washind hands should be routine even without a period and just going pee so no big deal if you touch a little blood. Probably less then grabbing a saturated tampon string.

It doesn't hurt. I cut my stem completely off. It did rub me and it was uncomfortable. Without the stem I don't even notice it's there.

I change morning and night and rinse one time and wash the other.
  • coupon_ash_back
    July 3, 2013 at 5:29 PM
    Seems so gross imo. I'm not getting that close and personal with my period blood. But from what I hear people love them and glad they tried them!
  • catholicmamamia
    July 4, 2013 at 2:56 AM

IDK.. just got one and have not yet used it.

• catholicmamamia
    July 4, 2013 at 2:57 AM

I do love my mama cloth, though.. :o) 

• polkaspots
    July 4, 2013 at 3:35 AM
    I've never used a diva cup or any of the similar products. I've used instead softcups, which are shaped very differently and a bit messier. I didn like them very much, but there cheap and they come individually wrapped so they stay clean in my purse/diaper bag. I mostly use sponges (I keep one in my purse and one in my diaper bag) and cloth pads. My favorite is a sea sponge. It's like a fluffy tampon.
  • MamaMidwife
    July 5, 2013 at 11:28 PM
    I LOVE my Keeper! It I s very similar to a Diva Cup. I, too, cut the stem off, because that was the only uncomfortable thing about it . I don't even feel it now.

I did have a UTI that I attribute to over-manipulating my urethra with one cycle. Once I figured out to empty my bladder AFTER I emptied and reinserted it. Only once...
  • swedemomma
    July 6, 2013 at 6:39 PM
    I used to wear one years ago. I loved it and even used it traveling abroad. In the airport I was able to use it discreetly. I did get a little blood on my hands, but could always wipe off with toilet paper and no one ever knew.
  • jconney80
    July 7, 2013 at 11:41 PM

Good info. I am still trying to figure out which one to get.

Quoting jellyphish:

There's a learning curve, figuring out how it fits in your unique body, but its not hard.

My fingers get a little bloody when putting it in and taking it out, but not much at all.

You can't feel it at all if its in right. It's not drying like a tampon and has actually ruined tampons for me, I can never use one again, because yuck!

I wash mine every time I empty it or put it in.

Natural Birth & Parenting

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts